Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >
Netflix Hermes test
Thread poster: Magdalena Adamus
AlexGre
AlexGre
Germany
Local time: 07:22
English to German
Passed English to German Apr 25, 2017

Hi Guys,

I am really new to ProZ and this forum.

I took the test roughly 3 weeks ago after reading about it online.
After searching for reviews and experiences I came across this thread.

I also did get my result when I logged in to the page today. (I passed for German yay)
So it really seems they are getting the results out now. As information for people who didn't pass: I am quite experienced in subtitle translation and was familiar with their
... See more
Hi Guys,

I am really new to ProZ and this forum.

I took the test roughly 3 weeks ago after reading about it online.
After searching for reviews and experiences I came across this thread.

I also did get my result when I logged in to the page today. (I passed for German yay)
So it really seems they are getting the results out now. As information for people who didn't pass: I am quite experienced in subtitle translation and was familiar with their guidelines.

Congratulations to everyone who passed.

So does anyone have an idea about if work will be received soon or maybe never?
Would be great to hear from people that were offered direct work.
Collapse

Cristiana Coblis
Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:22
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Results and scores are in Apr 25, 2017

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:
Now the result is finally visible on the dashboard.
I wonder if the threshold was the same for all languages, because for English-Polish it was extremely high, I suppose.

After logging in a second time, I was also able to see my score.
Hope everyone had a good score

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Not much more Apr 25, 2017

Magdalena Bardalinska wrote:

Now the result is finally visible on the dashboard.
I wonder if the threshold was the same for all languages, because for English-Polish it was extremely high, I suppose.

[Edited at 2017-04-25 19:36 GMT]

Wojtek, what was your score? I got 90,67% and I think that I might have been on borderline pass, if 86% was a fail.

91,33 actually, so more or less the same.

[Edited at 2017-04-25 21:06 GMT]

How did they do it? Apr 25, 2017

I asked for an H-number, received it, and took this test today, just out of curiosity, no delays, no technical problems, not too difficult a test.

But, lo and behold, immediately after I submitted the last translation part, I got that "you met our threshold for your language" message. I mean immediately, literally nanoseconds, the time it took the page to load after I submitted the last part of the test. And shortly after, maybe within one hour, the percentage was visible on my dash
... See more
I asked for an H-number, received it, and took this test today, just out of curiosity, no delays, no technical problems, not too difficult a test.

But, lo and behold, immediately after I submitted the last translation part, I got that "you met our threshold for your language" message. I mean immediately, literally nanoseconds, the time it took the page to load after I submitted the last part of the test. And shortly after, maybe within one hour, the percentage was visible on my dashboard.

How did the "human" who revised it do that?
Collapse

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Interesting Apr 25, 2017

behisresponse wrote:

But, lo and behold, immediately after I submitted the last translation part, I got that "you met our threshold for your language" message. I mean immediately, literally nanoseconds, the time it took the page to load after I submitted the last part of the test. And shortly after, maybe within one hour, the percentage was visible on my dashboard.

Could it be that they were so snowed under with applications that they decided not to mark the last part and only calculate the score based on the multiple choice tasks?

[Edited at 2017-04-25 22:18 GMT]

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz Apr 25, 2017

Could it be otherwise? A human intervention seems impossible.

Olívia Pithan Burzlaff
Olívia Pithan Burzlaff
Brazil
Local time: 03:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Brazilian Portuguese: Pass with 89,33 Apr 25, 2017

I passed for Brazilian Portuguese with 89,33. Apparently the threshold was between 88 and 89.

FeN (X)
FeN (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Italian Test Apr 25, 2017

I passed with 88.67%. I had read that the minimum score was 80/100, but apparently either they raised the threshold or the threshold varied by language...

FeN (X)
FeN (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Very weird Apr 25, 2017

behisresponse wrote:

Like, VERY. I can't find another explanation either and honestly it doesn't seem like a fair or professional method to me.

[Modificato alle 2017-04-25 21:37 GMT]

Also, maybe it's just a coincidence but all percentages so far are either .33 or .67.

[Modificato alle 2017-04-25 22:29 GMT]

saretton
saretton
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Results at last! Apr 25, 2017

Hello everybody, I'm new to the community but I've been following the topic without being registered for a while, and now here I am.
I took the test on April 3rd (English to Italian translation), and I've been eagerly waiting for the results - at last they've been given to us. At first I was a little disappointed with my 75.33% - especially considering the expectations I've been (wrongly?) building. But under a different light, I'm still only a student and a self-taught subtitler, so even
... See more
Hello everybody, I'm new to the community but I've been following the topic without being registered for a while, and now here I am.
I took the test on April 3rd (English to Italian translation), and I've been eagerly waiting for the results - at last they've been given to us. At first I was a little disappointed with my 75.33% - especially considering the expectations I've been (wrongly?) building. But under a different light, I'm still only a student and a self-taught subtitler, so even getting this relatively low score means a lot to me. Maybe I have a future in this career and all I need is some professional experience, which at the moment I have not... Therefore I'm determined to get better.
(Sorry about the rant!)
Sadly, I learn now that apparently human intervention seems to have been taken away from the grading process, leaving it only to machines. If true, that'd be sad and frustrating for us, though also understandable from their point of view.
My compliments to all the people who made it - the wait was sure worth it. I hope there will be more chances like this in the future.

[Edited at 2017-04-25 22:00 GMT]
Collapse

Vadim Ivankov & Anna Ivankova
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Shame on Netflix/Hermes Apr 25, 2017

behisresponse wrote:

...after I submitted the last translation part, I got that "you met our threshold for your language" message. I mean immediately, literally nanoseconds...

Could it be that they were so snowed under with applications that they decided not to mark the last part and only calculate the score based on the multiple choice tasks?

The only possible explaination is that Netflix/Hermes really DID NOT check those two last subtitling sections of the test. It's a shame and an awful disrespect for translators... The only ones who actually failed during this test are NETFLIX themselves.

[Редактировалось 2017-04-25 22:23 GMT]

Results Apr 25, 2017

Vicente Pithan Burzlaff wrote:

I passed for Brazilian Portuguese with 89,33. Apparently the threshold was between 88 and 89.

Got 86%, did not pass...

Russian Federation
Local time: 09:22
English to Russian
+ ...
There's something wrong and sinful here Apr 25, 2017

Inspired by behisresponse, I have just carried out my own experiment. You will 'enjoy' this short story!!!

I registered in the Hermes system. Then, I completed only 4 first phases. The last 2 subtitling phases I DID NOT complete (on purpose) - I left all subtitling fields empty and just pushed 'Submit'. So, I immediately received my score.......... 85.33%. I passed the test. Oops. Hey Netflix, there's something wrong and sinful here.

Victor Cadenas
Victor Cadenas
Local time: 03:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Passed! Apr 26, 2017

92.67% over here! Really, really excited about passing the test.

Now to butt my head into their software documentation and guidelines until that first assignment arrives.

I am very happy for everyone who passed, and I hope everyone who did not get their second chance.

María Marí Ros
María Marí Ros  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
What's going on? Apr 26, 2017

I took the last two parts yesterday night. I got no message from them, but, since I was following this thread, I just checked it. I didn't pass, but, to my surprise, my score was a 92%.

I'm feeling like this process is somehow being a big scam.

I have previously worked for Netflix, when they used to work with Sfera. They only payed $1 per video minute. It was too underpaid and I left. I was hoping them to be willing to do things much better this time, but I can see th
... See more
I took the last two parts yesterday night. I got no message from them, but, since I was following this thread, I just checked it. I didn't pass, but, to my surprise, my score was a 92%.

I'm feeling like this process is somehow being a big scam.

I have previously worked for Netflix, when they used to work with Sfera. They only payed $1 per video minute. It was too underpaid and I left. I was hoping them to be willing to do things much better this time, but I can see that Netflix just keeps going wrong when it comes to hire translators.

What a waste of time and energy.

Congrats to all of you who were said you had passed, although I honestly think that perhaps working with Netflix isn't a good idea.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix Hermes test

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »