Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >
Netflix Hermes test
Thread poster: Magdalena Adamus
Media coverage Apr 27, 2017

I wonder if the media will cover all these issues with the same enthusiasm they covered the launching of the Hermes test, if they'll get to know about it, if someone will tell them...

tintin76
tintin76
English to Chinese
Hmmmm... Apr 27, 2017

Maria Mari Ros wrote:

I am wondering how many minutes of video they got translated for free.

I'm pretty sure they didn't get free translation for most languages - most of the materials are already subtitled on Netflix.

Cristiana Coblis
Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:10
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Thank you Apr 27, 2017

Maria Mari Ros wrote:
Actually, anyone can retake the test just by starting again the registration process and using a different cell number.

Thanks for confirming it, Maria. I suspected as much. It said throughout the process that they do not keep any data on candidates.
I was told they do not keep the cell numbers either, so I assumed as much.

I do not see the point of only giving people one chance. I've seen people try their hand a second time at the same texts and they make the same errors every time. So, there is no point in that, particularly with a large number of questions to pull from.

Some people in the thread were expecting tests from other languages than English. During registration, it was stated the test is only available in English.

HTH

Jannies
Jannies
Local time: 10:10
English to Czech
+ ...
threshold Apr 27, 2017

maroscz wrote:

Jannies wrote:

Hi everyone,

does anybody know what the threshold for the Czech was? I scored 75,33%, so I would like to know. Thank you.

Jannies

80.66% was a pass.

Thank you, though after reading the thread I am at a loss. Would expect Netflix to apply more professional approach to testing.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: The quoted post is deleted.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: The quoted post is deleted
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: The quoted post is deleted
Elena Pizzetti
Elena Pizzetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:10
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
minimum score Apr 27, 2017

Miroslav Pošta wrote:

Jannies wrote:

Hi everyone,

does anybody know what the threshold for the Czech was? I scored 75,33%, so I would like to know. Thank you.

Jannies

Hi, I scored 91.33% and passed. A friend scored 76.67% and failed. Anyone else in between?

[Edited at 2017-04-26 22:20 GMT]

From what I am reading from friends and colleagues, the minimum score changes from a language to the other. For example a 84 or 85% in Italian was not enough to pass, while an 80% was enough for other languages.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix Hermes test

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »