Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >
Netflix Hermes test
Thread poster: Magdalena Adamus
Kamar Aliwi
Kamar Aliwi
Egypt
Local time: 11:29
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hermes Test ENG-AR Nov 14, 2017

Did anyone try to take it English to Arabic and passed?

Cindy Martin
Cindy Martin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:29
Member (2013)
English to French
Passed the test in April Nov 22, 2017

Hi! I took and passed the test in April with a score of 84% for French ("You have met our threshold for your language!"). The problem is that I haven't heard from Netflix since then. I was looking forward to work with them, so I'd like to know what happened with people who passed the test and did receive some subtitling assignments from Netflix... Should I try to contact them?

Thanks!

Mickaël STEMMER
Mickaël STEMMER
France
English to French
English to French test bug, anyone else? Nov 23, 2017

Hello, I passed all tests until section 5, that I could never submit. I finished the subtitles within the time limit, but when I clicked on submit, I had an error saying that I was exceeding maximum character per line on line 2 (which is 42).

I checked several times and even try to change the subtitle, but line 2 was NOT exceeding the character limit. It's easy to see as there is no red text nor punctuation on this line. BUT, I could never submit the subtitles and ran out of time t
... See more
Hello, I passed all tests until section 5, that I could never submit. I finished the subtitles within the time limit, but when I clicked on submit, I had an error saying that I was exceeding maximum character per line on line 2 (which is 42).

I checked several times and even try to change the subtitle, but line 2 was NOT exceeding the character limit. It's easy to see as there is no red text nor punctuation on this line. BUT, I could never submit the subtitles and ran out of time trying to fix line 2, which never happened, still same error, even without text.

So now I am not able to pass the test again and obviously failed. Line 2 did NOT exceed character limit. It might contain a typo or punctuation error as I started panicking when the timer approached 0 though, not sure. Rest of subtitles are all filled.

I couldn't reach their support as it keep asking for the last 4 digits of my phone number, but presents me with an American format number (000-000-0000) and whatever I tried it was not recognized. Could anyone help on this one? It would be greatly appreciated.

Did anyone experience this as well?

By the way, section 4 was the infamous American Football video.
Collapse

Luiz Almeida
Luiz Almeida
Brazil
Local time: 06:29
English to Portuguese
Weird test imo Dec 2, 2017

Just finished the test, and I found it kinda bizarre. They give you imediate results without considering the most important part, the translation test. The multiple choice part was confusing, with plenty of similar answers, and based on the quality of some recent original series/movies on Netflix, considering the multiple choice part as more important than the actual translation part didn't do much good.

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:29
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How can I see my test results? Dec 5, 2017

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit confused. Some of you say you were able to go to your dashboard and have access to your results. However, I have done the Hermes test as an independent worker and I was not given any login details to access a dashboard or my own private area. I only have my Hermes number.
Anyone else in the same situation?

marutimon
marutimon
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Response Dec 6, 2017

Finally got feedback from Netflix at the end of November. Its was through another company (TVT) whose role I'm not entirely sure about, but the rates are 50% higher than I've received from intermediary companies while working on Netflix films.

Anyone else had responses finally?

So it seems something has finally moved here.

[Edited at 2017-12-06 18:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-12-06 18:56 GMT]

Fiules
Fiules  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:29
Polish to English
+ ...
Thank you. Dec 7, 2017

It was really helpful. I'm in the middle of doing my tests so I'm glad I've read that as it gives me opportunity to prepare better as I've never done any subtitling in my life. So far, I think I'm around 90-95%.

skoruppa
skoruppa
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Response Dec 11, 2017

Eight months after I took Hermes PolishEnglish test and scored 92,67%, I have received direct reply from Netflix

Hi there,

Thank you for your participation in the Hermes test. Based on your test score, you may be eligible to partner with one of our Localization vendors, Undertext, for additional vetting for subtitle origination and QC work on Netflix Originals content. If you are interested in learning more, please go to the below link to initiate the set-up... See more
Eight months after I took Hermes PolishEnglish test and scored 92,67%, I have received direct reply from Netflix

Hi there,

Thank you for your participation in the Hermes test. Based on your test score, you may be eligible to partner with one of our Localization vendors, Undertext, for additional vetting for subtitle origination and QC work on Netflix Originals content. If you are interested in learning more, please go to the below link to initiate the set-up process:

https://hidden

If you are selected to join Undertext's network of third party linguists who provide localization services to Netflix, you will be invited to enter into an independent contractor arrangement directly with Undertext for such services. As an independent contractor, you will be responsible for self-employment and other taxes, including all applicable income taxes, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, disability insurance, social security taxes and other similar taxes and charges. Questions related independent contractor requirements or status may be discussed directly with your Undertext representative. At no time will Netflix be considered your employer for these or any other purposes.

Please do not respond to this email; once you have completed the initial set-up, you will be contacted again in the coming weeks with additional information.

Thank you and have a nice evening!

Anna

Link was to subtitler application form, where they wanted my hermes id, score, my cv and other details about myself. Applied, because why not Maybe I will be selected, but I doubt it.

[Edited at 2017-12-11 12:36 GMT]
Collapse

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Don't publish email content here Dec 11, 2017

skoruppa wrote:

Hi there,

Link was to subtitler application form, where they wanted my hermes id, score, my cv and other details about myself. Applied, because why not Maybe I will be selected, but I doubt it.

[Edited at 2017-12-11 12:36 GMT]

I think it is very poor practice to publish the content of a personal email in a public forum, if the sender has not explicitly agreed to that. As a translator, you should have a basic understanding of confidentiality in all business matters...

Ibraheem Abubakr

Alberto Queiroz
Alberto Queiroz  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Did the test, English to Portuguese (BR) Dec 14, 2017

Kay-Viktor Stegemann wrote:

I think it is very poor practice to publish the content of a personal email in a public forum, if the sender has not explicitly agreed to that. As a translator, you should have a basic understanding of confidentiality in all business matters...

As this is an automated Netflix message that everybody else who passed the test will have received as well, I don't think it really matters.

I just took the test myself, English into Brazilian Portuguese, got an 88% score, not enough to pass. The funny thing is that they evaluated my score based on the initial steps alone, and said that my 88% didn't warrant an examination of the last step of the test. Wish they'd let me know that I hadn't made it to a passing score BEFORE I went ahead and translated the last video's subtitles for 40 minutes.

Dubser
Dubser  Identity Verified
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Try this... Dec 14, 2017

Mickaël STEMMER wrote:

I checked several times and even try to change the subtitle, but line 2 was NOT exceeding the character limit. It's easy to see as there is no red text nor punctuation on this line. BUT, I could never submit the subtitles and ran out of time trying to fix line 2, which never happened, still same error, even without text.

So now I am not able to pass the test again and obviously failed. Line 2 did NOT exceed character limit. It might contain a typo or punctuation error as I started panicking when the timer approached 0 though, not sure. Rest of subtitles are all filled.

I couldn't reach their support as it keep asking for the last 4 digits of my phone number, but presents me with an American format number (000-000-0000) and whatever I tried it was not recognized. Could anyone help on this one? It would be greatly appreciated.

Did anyone experience this as well?

By the way, section 4 was the infamous American Football video.

Hi Mickaël,

I read somewhere here I think that you can submit your form without entering your phone number, so please try.

Bonne Chance

Liora

martine falke
martine falke
English to French
+ ...
Maybe we are translating for free... Dec 15, 2017

All of you who have done the Netflix/Hermes translation "test": you should look at the topic on Reddit. Exhaustive replies from people who: never got their score or : failed with over 90% right answers... Seems that most translators "failed" with over 85% "good" answers.
Personally, I found that in the multiple answer tests, there were several possible answers each time...So easy to tell you that your answer was wrong !
I really had fun carrying out the last section of the test : tr
... See more
All of you who have done the Netflix/Hermes translation "test": you should look at the topic on Reddit. Exhaustive replies from people who: never got their score or : failed with over 90% right answers... Seems that most translators "failed" with over 85% "good" answers.
Personally, I found that in the multiple answer tests, there were several possible answers each time...So easy to tell you that your answer was wrong !
I really had fun carrying out the last section of the test : translating subtitles (with the timing/text length/ line size constraints). I really enjoyed it : I never thought I'd fail... and i wish I could work on subtitles translation....
Well, if 95 % of the colleagues "passing" this test, do "fail", (honestly i cannot fail in my mother language and I am an infallible spelling mistake detector!) Hermes says you failed, and they use all the subtitles we have translated...for free.... Easy, isnt'it?
Collapse

marcinbzq
marcinbzq
Poland
test Dec 18, 2017

marutimon wrote:

Finally got feedback from Netflix at the end of November. Its was through another company (TVT) whose role I'm not entirely sure about, but the rates are 50% higher than I've received from intermediary companies while working on Netflix films.

Anyone else had responses finally?

So it seems something has finally moved here.

[Edited at 2017-12-06 18:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-12-06 18:56 GMT]

What was your test result?

Just finished mine and got 86% - Polish/ English, and passed. I botched the video translations though so not sure if they'll get back to me.

Nancy Muhammed
Nancy Muhammed
Egypt
Arabic to English
+ ...
Results Dec 20, 2017

Kamar Aliwi wrote:

Did anyone try to take it English to Arabic and passed?

I just got my test results ... didn't pass either ...

Yoon Hyuk Park
Yoon Hyuk Park
South Korea
Local time: 18:29
Korean to English
+ ...
The Korean Test Dec 23, 2017

First of all, congratulations to those that are hearing back! That's certainly encouraging news I took the test yesterday and got a pass with 88.67 and had to ask whether there were any people that took the test in Korean. I went through the whole thread and couldn't find a single mention of someone taking the Korean one.

If, by chance there is someone out there that did take it and passed with flying colors, have you
... See more
First of all, congratulations to those that are hearing back! That's certainly encouraging news I took the test yesterday and got a pass with 88.67 and had to ask whether there were any people that took the test in Korean. I went through the whole thread and couldn't find a single mention of someone taking the Korean one.

If, by chance there is someone out there that did take it and passed with flying colors, have you heard back from Netflix? How long did it take for them to get back to you? Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix Hermes test

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »