Mexican Death Certificates Templates needed
Thread poster: Trans World
Trans World
Trans World
Local time: 14:48
French to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2022

Does anyone have any templates for Mexican Death Certificates which can be edited and translated into English? We would be grateful for any help!

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Not sure what you mean by templates Aug 20, 2022

But have you tried Google Images?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Templates Aug 20, 2022

philgoddard wrote:
Not sure what you mean by templates, but have you tried Google Images?

A "template" in this sense is a Word document that has the same layout as the certificate. The parts that are always the same, are already filled in on the template, and the variable items such names, dates etc. are left blank. The translator then translates the template to his chosen language, and then re-uses the Word file for each certificate translation by simply filling in the variable information each time. It saves a bunch of time.

A death certificate is a fairly small document, though, so it may be feasible to just create your own template from scratch.

Every now and then I'm asked to translate a South African high school diploma (and since this is a government document, they all have the same identical layout and content except for the names, numbers, dates and subjects), so I spent time creating a template and now I just fill it in with the relevant information each time (although a translator must also always check the entire document to see if the source file contained anything non-standard).

[Edited at 2022-08-20 07:55 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Template Aug 20, 2022

I've found a PDF template here:

https://www.inegi.org.mx/contenidos/programas/mortalidad/doc/cert_def2017.pdf

I'll leave the conversion into Word to you...

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Better still Aug 20, 2022

You can download a template in Word here:

https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/japon/index.php/es/consulares-menu/registro-civil/555-05-registro-de-defuncion

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
No one in their right mind Aug 20, 2022

Will share their templates.

Most of my templates have made thousands of dollars each for doing very, very little work to reuse them.

Trans World
Trans World
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Templates now reconstructed so no longer needed. Aug 21, 2022

Thank you very much Teresa - the pdf was one of the documents I was looking for but it would not convert well into Word. Regarding your link to a Word document - I could not find the document there.

I have now had the Mexican death certificates reconstructed into Word documents by a DTP company (at very low cost). If any translators need the same please contact me and I can share.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
DTP company Aug 21, 2022

Trans World wrote:
I have now had the ... certificates reconstructed into Word documents by a DTP company (at very low cost).

This is actually a very good idea -- instead of trying to reconstruct it oneself, get an expert to do it.

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
... Aug 21, 2022

The Word document is here (under Notas):

Tome en cuenta que todos los documentos japoneses que se presenten deberán de ser traducidos al español. Se recomienda que el certificado de defunción y el certificado médico sí sea hecho por algún experto o agencia especializada debido a que contiene términos médicos específicos. Puede utilizar el siguiente templete para su traducción:
Koseki Tohon (para japoneses): (Descargar)
Jurishomeisho de defunción (para extranj
... See more

Tome en cuenta que todos los documentos japoneses que se presenten deberán de ser traducidos al español. Se recomienda que el certificado de defunción y el certificado médico sí sea hecho por algún experto o agencia especializada debido a que contiene términos médicos específicos. Puede utilizar el siguiente templete para su traducción:
Jurishomeisho de defunción (para extranjeros): (Descargar)
Certificado de cremación: (Descargar)
Certificado de Defunción (Descargar) y Certificado médico (Descargar).
Collapse

Trans World
Trans World
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the correct Word document Aug 22, 2022

Teresa Borges wrote:

Jurishomeisho de defunción (para extranjeros): (Descargar)
Certificado de cremación: (Descargar)
Certificado de Defunción (Descargar) y Certificado médico (Descargar).

The files for download here are not the Word document for the actual death certificate:
https://www.inegi.org.mx/contenidos/programas/mortalidad/doc/cert_def2017.pdf

Thank you anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mexican Death Certificates Templates needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »