Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
France
Local time: 19:48
English to French
+ ...
Jan 27, 2022

Hello everyone!

On the UN website, there was a page where you could download a sample test from a previous year (for the translator exam) but I can't find that page anymore.

Could someone point me to the right page? (although I have the impression that it has been removed)

Thank you!

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:48
English to French
+ ...
My feeling is... Jan 27, 2022

... that they are not running the exam any more. Certainly not every year, like they did when I was younger.

Here in NY, they are no longer hiring "permanent" employees (équivalent CDI, quoi). The UN is hiring on a 1-year contract basis and giving work to retirees. I know people who kept working for the UN well into their seventies.

J L

Adrian MM.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 19:48
English to German
@Jean. There ARE exams Jan 28, 2022

https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=LCRF&lang=en-US

[Bearbeitet am 2022-01-28 11:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Test sample of UN exam for translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »