Thread poster: Julia Glasmann
Julia Glasmann
Julia Glasmann
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 7, 2021

Does anybody have any recommendations for a DE-EN medical dictionary? Either hard copy or (paid) digital access? I am looking for a dictionary that goes beyond general medical terms (which can usually be found in sources such as leo.org). I have been looking around online a bit. The only one that stood out so far was Der Große Reuter, but without having a chance to actually open a book and browsing the pages, it is really hard to judge... Any suggestions are welcome!

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:50
German to English
Pschyrembel Jul 7, 2021

Pschyrembel Fachwörterbuch Medizin, Deutsch-Englisch is fairly comprehensive – and correspondingly expensive.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
. Jul 8, 2021

I'm surprised people have allegiances to specific dictionaries any more. I just use Google.

Jorge Payan

Niko Aslanidis
Niko Aslanidis  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 07:50
German to English
+ ...
https://flexikon.doccheck.com/de Jul 9, 2021

I often use https://flexikon.doccheck.com/de. They have a lot of terminology and articles in both English and German.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:50
German to English
+ ...
Bunjes Jul 9, 2021

Medical and Pharmaceutical Dictionary - Werner E Bunjes

Generally the first one I resort to.

Julia Glasmann
Julia Glasmann
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Jul 9, 2021

... for sharing your resources everyone!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendations for DE-EN medical dictionaries

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »