IBM\'s CAT tool - Where can I read about it?
Tópico cartaz: Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:32
hebraico para espanhol
+ ...
Oct 17, 2002

Dear collegues,

I was asked by a potential client if I have experience in the use of IBM TM. What do you know about IBM TM? Where can I read about it?

Thank you for your help!

Diana

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 15:32
francês para inglês
Discontinued Oct 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-17 23:35, dianama wrote:

Dear collegues,

I was asked by a potential client if I have experience in the use of IBM TM. What do you know about IBM TM? Where can I read about it?

Thank you for your help!

Diana

It was discontinued quite some time ago, April 2002 in fact. See the withdrawal... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-17 23:35, dianama wrote:

Dear collegues,

Thank you for your help!

Diana

It was discontinued quite some time ago, April 2002 in fact. See the withdrawal announcement at http://www1.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=blWFjCxZBzjuUs1USenGnN9332&request=announcements&parms=H%20902-009&xfr=N

Take care,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 16:32
inglês para português
+ ...
Clunky as clunky can be Oct 18, 2002

Hi

I didn\'t know that IBM Translation Manager had been discontinued but I can\'t resist a sigh of relief. It\'s the clunkiest TM application I\'ve ever worked with! It\'s been about a year since I last worked with it. But there may some dinosaur project around that still require it.

Cheers

ME

ME

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 15:32
francês para inglês
True but... Oct 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-18 17:25, farre wrote:

Hi

I didn\'t know that IBM Translation Manager had been discontinued but I can\'t resist a sigh of relief. It\'s the clunkiest TM application I\'ve ever worked with! It\'s been about a year since I last worked with it. But there may some dinosaur project around that still require it.

Cheers

ME

ME

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-18 17:25, farre wrote:

Hi

Cheers

ME

ME

I agree, but when I started using it, I didn\'t know about other products and it certainly was helpful at that time. I worked with it extensively for a few years and really appreciated the terminology function, which even then, was better to work with than Multiterm is now (Trados terminology tool).

FWIW,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IBM\'s CAT tool - Where can I read about it?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »