Roland Koller
Roland Koller
Austria
Local time: 19:10
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to import the files of an sdlppx. Trados package to MateCat and then, once the translation is finished, re-configure them so that the finished translation can be viewed in Trados. (Might be a good idea to open up a separate thread on how to work with Trados packages using other CAT tools, but apparantley this is possibl
... See more
Hi,

I am trying to import the files of an sdlppx. Trados package to MateCat and then, once the translation is finished, re-configure them so that the finished translation can be viewed in Trados. (Might be a good idea to open up a separate thread on how to work with Trados packages using other CAT tools, but apparantley this is possible, as can be seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ZGeAjTl2M).

The issue I'm having right now is that the files in the package are xlsx.sdlxliff. files, which apparently is a format that is not supported by MateCat. The error message (see below) says that I need to convert the file to docx format with an OCR software, but I can't one that's for free. Any solutions?

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 12.21.48

Kind regards
Roland

[Edited at 2023-03-21 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Roland Mar 21, 2023

Roland Koller wrote:
The issue I'm having right now is that the files in the package are xlsx.sdlxliff. files, which apparently is a format that is not supported by MateCat.

According to the MateCat homepage, SDLXLIFF files are supported by MateCat.

The error message, see attachment, says that I need to convert the file to docx format with an OCR software...

Upload your image to https://imgbb.com (ignore the pricing, and click the blue "Start uploading" button) and paste the URL here, so we can see the image.

Roland Koller
Roland Koller
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another error message Mar 21, 2023

I edited my post, so now you should be able to see the error message on MateCat which I got this morning. I just tried uploading the same file format again and got a different error message: "Error: file extension not allowed" (see below)

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 17.37.46

@Samuel: Yes, sdlxliff files are supported on MateCat. So I think that the issue may be that I'm trying to upload xlsx.sdlxliff files.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Maybe Mar 21, 2023

Maybe MateCat requires the SDLXLIFF file to be pre-translated (i.e. source text in all target fields). Do you have Trados yourself?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Work on doc.sdlxliff and xlsx.sdlxliff format with MateCat

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »