marlene Le Duc (X)
marlene Le Duc (X)
France
Local time: 07:54
English to French
Jan 10, 2022

Hi every one

and Happy new year

I need to find the text mentionned in the title. I don't know if it's a book (but I didn't find it), or a press article. After severals researches I found out that it's a fundamental text as it's quoted in several articles, tuition, etc.

Natassa Tsokkou
Natassa Tsokkou
Cyprus
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
Westlaw - LexisNexis Jan 10, 2022

Hi Marlene,

Have you tried Westlaw, LexisNexis or perhaps JSTOR?

It's a publication in the Law Quarterly Review Journal
I believe the full citation is as follows
H Lucke "The Common Law: Judicial Impartiality and Judge-Made Law" (1982) 98. LQR 29,

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Jan 10, 2022

[Edited at 2022-01-10 14:45 GMT]

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Search for 3 key words Jan 10, 2022

common impartiality lucke

Google will point you to the academic paper. Google chokes on 4+ search terms often so reduce to name + 2 key words.

marlene Le Duc (X)
marlene Le Duc (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
no result found Jan 11, 2022

I applied all your advices, but without any results, only quotation in others articles or books.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Marlene Jan 11, 2022

As far as I could research, you’re looking for an article published on the “Law Quarterly Review” (LQR) (H K Lücke, “The Common Law: Judicial Impartiality and Judge-made Law” (1982) 98 LQR pages 29-33). One of the sources I’ve visited says that this title is also available on Westlaw UK (http://legalresearch.westlaw.co.uk/). They have a free trial…

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Marlene Jan 11, 2022

I don't know if this is helpful, but I've just found out that his full name is Horst Klaus Lücke (https://law.uq.edu.au/honorary-professors#KlausLucke).

marlene Le Duc (X)
marlene Le Duc (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
@Teresa Jan 11, 2022

thank you for the link to the Westlaw Uk. They do have a free trial, but you have to get in touch with a member of their team in the first place.
I found the full name of the author yesterday, and sent him an email; but unfornately he didn't bother to answer me.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 23:54
Dutch to English
+ ...
Be more patient Jan 11, 2022

marlene Le Duc wrote:

thank you for the link to the Westlaw Uk. They do have a free trial, but you have to get in touch with a member of their team in the first place.
I found the full name of the author yesterday, and sent him an email; but unfornately he didn't bother to answer me.

No need to berate the author if he doesn't immediately answer your email. He may:
- be a judge himself or have another busy position in the judicial system
- receive a hundred emails a day
- be on holiday
- be sick

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
For future reference Jan 12, 2022

Students studying law may be able to access this via their uni library. This may be one way to access the reference.
Contacting the author may be another route, although this may take time.
Other academic sources may help. Google Scholar? Maybe even Sci-hub? Have you tried the author's faculty page? Researchgate?

marlene Le Duc (X)
marlene Le Duc (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
@nikki Jan 12, 2022

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

Students studying law may be able to access this via their uni library. This may be one way to access the reference.
Contacting the author may be another route, although this may take time.
Other academic sources may help. Google Scholar? Maybe even Sci-hub? Have you tried the author's faculty page? Researchgate?

Yes I did and no results

marlene Le Duc (X)
marlene Le Duc (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
can't be found on internet Jan 16, 2022

hi everybody,

thank you for your help.

About Reuters westlaw and their free trial, I had one of their commercial on line the free trial is submitted to an engagement with cost $4000 ! and for their "practical law site" it's another $3000.
I had the great surprise to receive this morning from the Professor H.K LUCKE (to be honest, I didn't expect that such an important person would take some of his precious for a simple translator like me unable to make a research
... See more
hi everybody,

thank you for your help.

About Reuters westlaw and their free trial, I had one of their commercial on line the free trial is submitted to an engagement with cost $4000 ! and for their "practical law site" it's another $3000.
I had the great surprise to receive this morning from the Professor H.K LUCKE (to be honest, I didn't expect that such an important person would take some of his precious for a simple translator like me unable to make a research). He took the time to search for it in his University library (Queensland, and Adelaïde), and in Law Quarterly Review , but without any results. On the top of it, he even presents me his regrets (my heart is melting).

So I think that I can consider this research as closed, and that there is no way to find it on the web.

Have a wonderful day

Marlène
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Common Law: Judicial Impartiality and Judge-made Law”(1982) HK Lucke

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »