Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2003

My apologies if this topic has already been covered. This is a question for those of you with experience working for publishers in the U.S.

I am looking for some information about the going rates for English to Spanish language copy editing in the publishing industry. Are rates comparable to those charged to translation agencies? Direct clients? Neither?

Also, I normally charge an hourly rate for this kind of service. Would that be appropriate in this case, or would yo
... See more
My apologies if this topic has already been covered. This is a question for those of you with experience working for publishers in the U.S.

I am looking for some information about the going rates for English to Spanish language copy editing in the publishing industry. Are rates comparable to those charged to translation agencies? Direct clients? Neither?

Also, I normally charge an hourly rate for this kind of service. Would that be appropriate in this case, or would you advise me to quote per word?

I will appreciate any information you may be able to provide me regarding this question. Again, this is specifically for Spanish language copy editing for a publisher in the U.S.

Mil gracias!

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2003-10-31 21:46]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need info on going rates for copy editing in the publishing industry

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »