What is meant by 'sample of writing'?
Thread poster: Kay Herm (X)
Kay Herm (X)
Kay Herm (X)
Local time: 17:30
English to German
Jul 22, 2003

I just started working as a freelance translator, so I still have to figure lots of basic things out. I want to apply for a particular job on the Aquarius site, and the customer asks for a 'sample of your writing'. How long is this sample supposed to be and does at have to be a sample from a translation or what else can it be?
Also, when you respond to an offer on Aquarius, it says 'type a brief response (max. 255 characters). So how am I suppossed to give the sample?
It would be gr
... See more
I just started working as a freelance translator, so I still have to figure lots of basic things out. I want to apply for a particular job on the Aquarius site, and the customer asks for a 'sample of your writing'. How long is this sample supposed to be and does at have to be a sample from a translation or what else can it be?
Also, when you respond to an offer on Aquarius, it says 'type a brief response (max. 255 characters). So how am I suppossed to give the sample?
It would be great if someone could help me, i'm feeling quite lost.
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:30
Dutch to English
+ ...
Samples Jul 22, 2003

Okay, this is what I know about the Aquarius thing. I have not worked through them for a while, so my info may not be current.

You bid for a job and tell them your very short story (

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is meant by 'sample of writing'?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »