Thread poster: Jennifer Sabir (X)
Jennifer Sabir (X)
Jennifer Sabir (X)
United States
Local time: 18:17
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2021

Hello. I apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere in the forum that I am missing. As a new freelance translator, I was wondering if anyone could offer feedback as to the best post translation proof-reading and grammar accuracy tools?

I work on small freelance EN>AR projects and do not always have access (or the budget) to a Native speaker for checking consistency or grammar.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:17
English to French
+ ...
Verifika Jul 19, 2021

Jennifer Sabir wrote:

Hello. I apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere in the forum that I am missing. As a new freelance translator, I was wondering if anyone could offer feedback as to the best post translation proof-reading and grammar accuracy tools?

I work on small freelance EN>AR projects and do not always have access (or the budget) to a Native speaker for checking consistency or grammar.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback.

Verifika is excellent for xliff review and it's reasonably priced.
For grammar, CATs that use Microsoft Editor spellcheck give good results. Depending on language pair some specific tools exist like Antidote (Fr and En). A good option is to export a bilingual review in docx or similar and review your target text with MS Word.

Hope this helps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best Proof-reading QA Tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »