Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 24, 2021

Hello everyone

Does anyone have any experience working in the ATMS Web Editor? I assume it's this one. A client of mine asked if I object to working in it. (-:

Samuel

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Excellent tool May 24, 2021

It's basically MemSource. If you work on Amazon projects, their TMs, MT and termbases are the best I've ever worked with.
Edit: You can see a screenshot in the manual: it's MemSource under a different name. Even the pencil logo is the same, just a different colour.

[Edited at 2021-05-24 10:01 GMT]

Marina Taffetani
Dalia Nour

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
One of the best online CAT tools May 24, 2021

I didn't know it was Memsource under a different name as I've never used Memsource. But I agree with Elena, it's excellent. I've worked on several proprietary online CAT tools and they were all a total pain. This one is the best I've ever tried. Very responsive, fast, easy to use.

ETA: the only downside is that you can't add your own termbases or TMs (as far as I know).

[Edited at 2021-05-24 12:46 GMT]

Martin Päres
Martin Päres
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Import into SDL Trados Studio TM? Jun 13, 2021

Is it possible to import the bilingual file from the ATMS Web Editor into a SDL Trados Studio TM?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Martin Jun 13, 2021

Martin Päres wrote:

Is it possible to import the bilingual file from the ATMS Web Editor into a SDL Trados Studio TM?

Hi Martin.
Unfortunately I can't remember all options available and I don't have an ongoing project, so I can't check at the moment. But I know that you can download the source and the target documents and also a bilingual docx file.

Phi Tran
Phi Tran
Vietnam
Local time: 21:14
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Can add to Trados Mar 29, 2022

The file downloaded from ATMS is an Mxliff file, which can be added to Trados to translate, but cannot be re-imported to ATMS.
I tried to find a way to open this Mxliff in Memsource Editor but there is some code inside prevented me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any experience with ATMS Web Editor?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »