Pre-translate a document or insert/confirm all until next non-100% match—how?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2021

I'm new to SmartCAT and can't figure out if it is even possible to do these simple things:

- Pre-translate a document—as in, apply all 100+% TM matches to the newly uploaded document.
- In the Editor view, confirm the current segment and insert/confirm any subsequent 100% matches until the next non-100% match is encountered (similar to what Ctrl+Enter does in Studio).

How do you do that?

[Edited at 2021-10-29 14:21 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:19
English to Russian
Visibility Oct 29, 2021

I wonder, did you see my suggestions in this thread?

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Try these settings Oct 29, 2021

[Edited at 2021-10-29 19:48 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Stepan, tried these but no success Oct 30, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

[Edited at 2021-10-29 19:48 GMT]

Thank you Stepan, and especially for the User Settings part (un-intuitively, I can only reach those from the editor view). I tried these settings, but unfortunately, they don't work for me right now for some reason.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And thanks again Oct 30, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

I wonder, did you see my suggestions in this thread?

Oops, I forgot to reply and thank you there for the suggestions. The "quasi-regexps", of course, do work. No visibility problems.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Ah, probably you mean "Translate to fuzzy" Oct 30, 2021

like in Teados, when it inserts a hit, confirms it and then goes next automatically. I couldn’t make SC work this way either even though the settings read it must do so. The same story with memoQ: it has a setting for that but it doesn’t do anything. I contacted the SC support team but they seem to respond very slowly these days. It took me 3 weeks to get a reply from them previous time. If I get any further details, I will share them here.

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But does pre-translate work for you? Oct 30, 2021

I see. Support has so far responded pretty quickly to me, even though they haven't solved my problem.
Anyway, does pre-translate work for you? That is, when you upload a document similar to those already translated, do 100+% matches get automatically inserted and confirmed in your case?

Stepan Konev wrote:

like in Teados, when it inserts a hit, confirms it and then goes next automatically. I couldn’t make SC work this way either even though the settings read it must do so. The same story with memoQ: it has a setting for that but it doesn’t do anything. I contacted the SC support team but they seem to respond very slowly these days. It took me 3 weeks to get a reply from them previous time. If I get any further details, I will share them here.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Yes, it works for me Oct 30, 2021

Artem Vakhitov wrote:
Anyway, does pre-translate work for you? That is, when you upload a document similar to those already translated, do 100+% matches get automatically inserted and confirmed in your case?
Yes, it does.
Probably you create a project with no pretranslation rules set. When you create a project, you have to click the Advanced Settings:2021-10-30_205334

If you didn't select the Advanced Settings when you created your project, you can then go to the Pretranslation tab in the project as created, add a rule there and re-run Pretranslate.
2021-10-30_205820

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support suggested this, too, but it didn't work Oct 30, 2021

There was in fact a pretranslation rule configured in the project (it wasn't me who created it), and support told me to delete it, then re-create and press Save & Run. It didn't work. I even deleted and then re-added the test file after this—no dice.

Stepan Konev wrote:

Artem Vakhitov wrote:
Yes, it does.
Probably you create a project with no pretranslation rules set. When you create a project, you have to click the Advanced Settings:2021-10-30_205334

If you didn't select the Advanced Settings when you created your project, you can then go to the Pretranslation tab in the project as created, add a rule there and re-run Pretranslate.
2021-10-30_205820

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Pre-translate a document or insert/confirm all until next non-100% match—how?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »