Mismatch in the job and profile software name
Thread poster: kd42
kd42
kd42
Estonia
Local time: 00:58
English to Russian
Sep 14, 2023

I saw a potential job which did not suit me because I forgot to include my experience and a tool in my profile, so I went to edit my profile and added the field — Drama... and the tool — Subtitle Editor. The subject in the job description now matches me, but not the tool, probably because in the profile list it is “Subtitle Editor”, and in the job it is “Subtitle Edit”.
I wonder whether Proz has one list of software for job posters, and a slightly different list of software fo
... See more
I saw a potential job which did not suit me because I forgot to include my experience and a tool in my profile, so I went to edit my profile and added the field — Drama... and the tool — Subtitle Editor. The subject in the job description now matches me, but not the tool, probably because in the profile list it is “Subtitle Editor”, and in the job it is “Subtitle Edit”.
I wonder whether Proz has one list of software for job posters, and a slightly different list of software for profile, this is quite an unorthodox approach. The lists should match; ideally there should be a single list for everyone.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
There are both Subtitle Edit and Subtitle Editor on the list Sep 16, 2023

Probably you have chosen the wrong one.

Subtitle edit

Mr. Satan (X)
Dalia Nour

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Subtitle Edit != Subtitle Editor Sep 17, 2023

To support what Natalie has stated, Subtitle Edit and Subtitle Editor are two different, unrelated programs.
https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit
https://kitone.github.io/subtitleeditor/

[Edited at 2023-09-17 00:35 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mismatch in the job and profile software name

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »