Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finnország
Local time: 15:07
Tag (2003 óta)
finn - német
+ ...
It should be changed to number of days or hours Mar 4, 2011

So for 10000 words the outsourcer could allot 3 or 4 days, meaning the time-span from submission of the PO to the delivery of the translation.
The current system does not make much sense.

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 07:07
Tag (2008 óta)
horvát - angol
+ ...
Powers of premonition? Mar 4, 2011

The whole matter of bidding a fixed deadline for a proz quote is a bit silly, given the potential time lag of hours, days or even weeks in some cases before the job is closed. Unless you routinely have no work, or the job is relatively short, I don't see how you possibly know what your confirmed availability will be when the job poster makes finally makes a decision three days from now. Were I indeed so prescient, I'd probably be applying that superpower to something more profitable than trans... See more
The whole matter of bidding a fixed deadline for a proz quote is a bit silly, given the potential time lag of hours, days or even weeks in some cases before the job is closed. Unless you routinely have no work, or the job is relatively short, I don't see how you possibly know what your confirmed availability will be when the job poster makes finally makes a decision three days from now. Were I indeed so prescient, I'd probably be applying that superpower to something more profitable than translation. I generally consider all preliminarily quoted deadlines to be subject to confirmation at the time of actual order/PO issuance.Collapse

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do job deadlines work at ProZ.com?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »