Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24]
Illegal use of data from ProZ.com profile
Thread poster: RoxanaTrad (X)
Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:53
German to French
+ ...
Nice to hear, Viktoria! Sep 1, 2009

I'm happy for you.

But my data is still there. I did not require the site to remove them: they got there by Proz's fault, so it's Proz's business to have them removed.

Henry (or anyone from the staff), any update?

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Illegal use of identity Sep 1, 2009

Hi all

no one password, nor a retina scanner can protect us from cyberspace visibility!
and this (improbable) protection would be anyway a disadvantage to us

i.e. , you can even put a drawbridge in front of your house but if your curtains are always open, your privacy is null

I tried a search with my name+surname and found about ten fake websites and one of them is named arabiatranslations or so

no one of them posed browsing security issu
... See more
Hi all

no one password, nor a retina scanner can protect us from cyberspace visibility!
and this (improbable) protection would be anyway a disadvantage to us

i.e. , you can even put a drawbridge in front of your house but if your curtains are always open, your privacy is null

I tried a search with my name+surname and found about ten fake websites and one of them is named arabiatranslations or so

no one of them posed browsing security issues as Firefox, nor KIS said anything

all them are a hotchpotch of names, surnames, addresses, qualifications, sex words, celebrities names and so on

there is nothing to do against these beasts as, I suppose, they collect sensible informations (ours included) simply to gain a higher Google score

Claudio

[Edited at 2009-09-01 21:19 GMT]
Collapse

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:53
Swedish to English
+ ...
Thanks for reminding me to be vigilant Claudio Sep 1, 2009

Did another search and found my profile, and a forum posting that supposedly is mine (heading from a proz posting, the rest is b......t, I never end a message with "Cheers") on something called babelport.com. Tried to send a threatening message, but but the button in the contact form was only a non-clickable image, so no luck.

Funny thing is that "my" homepage appears to have"glocalnet.net/glocalnet/wordplay" as part of its name. Glocalnet was my isp up until summer 2005 and "wordpl
... See more
Did another search and found my profile, and a forum posting that supposedly is mine (heading from a proz posting, the rest is b......t, I never end a message with "Cheers") on something called babelport.com. Tried to send a threatening message, but but the button in the contact form was only a non-clickable image, so no luck.

Funny thing is that "my" homepage appears to have"glocalnet.net/glocalnet/wordplay" as part of its name. Glocalnet was my isp up until summer 2005 and "wordplay" was one of the company names I played around with at the time.

Same as with the other site, all this seems to relate to old date from proz that has only recently appeared on various sites. Makes me wonder how proz disposes of old data.
Collapse

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Wayback Machine - Internet Archive Sep 2, 2009

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:
Same as with the other site, all this seems to relate to old date from proz that has only recently appeared on various sites. Makes me wonder how proz disposes of old data.
Or how the internet archives dispose of old date?
Like the Wayback Machine?
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.proz.com/

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Does anyone from the staff read this thread at all? Sep 29, 2009

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

Henry (or anyone from the staff), any update?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Illegal use of data from ProZ.com profile

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »