Thread poster: lien
lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 03:24
English to French
+ ...
Jan 13, 2003

I want to help to translate the site text. But it does not seem to work at all.

When I click on french, I get the list with the page name, unchecked and untranslated strings and strings up for vote. But when I click on one of the number, to vote or to translate, the next page shows me only three empty boxes with english word or phrase, translation french and contributors.

I tried for dutch, where for i.e.\"common\" there are still 2 untranslated strings of 1023, t
... See more
I want to help to translate the site text. But it does not seem to work at all.

When I click on french, I get the list with the page name, unchecked and untranslated strings and strings up for vote. But when I click on one of the number, to vote or to translate, the next page shows me only three empty boxes with english word or phrase, translation french and contributors.

I tried for dutch, where for i.e.\"common\" there are still 2 untranslated strings of 1023, the next page shows me a list with: 1 of 1023, 2 0f 1023 etc... Am I supposed to browse all the 1000+ terms to find the ones needing translation?

And if I click on \"strings up for vote=38\" it does not work at all. I get the same three empty boxes as in french.

And what does mean these yellow boxes I find in the middle of the regular ones?

Lien
Collapse

Mariana Raffo (X)
Mariana Raffo (X)
Local time: 21:24
French to Spanish
+ ...
exactly Aug 21, 2003

I have the same problem. Please, can somebody out there help us? I've already been through all FAQs and help's pages!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:24
English to German
+ ...
Site localisation is effectively on hold Aug 21, 2003

Hi Lien and Mariana,
Thanks for your commitment. However, following some major problems with localised versions of the old ProZ.com design, this has effectively been put on hold (see Jason's posting dated 10MAY2003 in this thread).

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Ralf

Mariana Raffo (X)
Mariana Raffo (X)
Local time: 21:24
French to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Aug 25, 2003

Thank you Ralf.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of site text

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »