Pagine:   < [1 2]
Poll: How did you spend the last payment you received from a client?
Iniziatore argomento: ProZ.com Staff
Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 03:34
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Never read such a silly question... Apr 26, 2023

I find this question totally misplaced, if I may.

But since you dare to venture such a silly question, I'm going to answer in the same provocative tone: I've just renewed my annual ProZ PRO subscription, which was fallen due.

Enjoy it, ******!

[Modifié le 2023-04-26 20:07 GMT]

Christopher Schröder

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 20:34
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
very strange question Apr 26, 2023

My brain thought it said "First" payment I ever received from a client. I remember that one, what the translation was about, and how much the pay was, but don´t remember exactly how I spent it. That (very first) might be an interesting question, maybe. But the Last one??? I think that is rather personal. I would suppose that for most people, it gets added into our regular account and isn´t designated for anything in particular. Unless, as someone suggested, translating is a side job and th... See more
My brain thought it said "First" payment I ever received from a client. I remember that one, what the translation was about, and how much the pay was, but don´t remember exactly how I spent it. That (very first) might be an interesting question, maybe. But the Last one??? I think that is rather personal. I would suppose that for most people, it gets added into our regular account and isn´t designated for anything in particular. Unless, as someone suggested, translating is a side job and that income is set apart for something in particular.Collapse

expressisverbis
Zea_Mays
Christine Andersen

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portogallo
Local time: 02:34
Membro (2015)
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
Teresa... Apr 26, 2023

... actually, I gave Mr Hewson (Bono) a call and told him about this Desire to buy this stunning property.
He confirmed the deal was The Sweetest Thing I have ever made, and told me It Was A Beautiful Day to give a concert because it was Sunday Bloody Sunday...
Besides, he wanted to create a Song For Someone.
I said: "Okay, this is Even Better Than The Real Thing, so please drop by Fez!" He answered: "Done, 'Flower Child'!"
At the end of his concert I thanked him and I s
... See more
... actually, I gave Mr Hewson (Bono) a call and told him about this Desire to buy this stunning property.
He confirmed the deal was The Sweetest Thing I have ever made, and told me It Was A Beautiful Day to give a concert because it was Sunday Bloody Sunday...
Besides, he wanted to create a Song For Someone.
I said: "Okay, this is Even Better Than The Real Thing, so please drop by Fez!" He answered: "Done, 'Flower Child'!"
At the end of his concert I thanked him and I said: "Magnificent! Your Song Saved My Life!

[Edited at 2023-04-26 22:23 GMT]
Collapse

Lieven Malaise
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Christopher Schröder

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 21:34
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Health insurance May 5, 2023

My health insurance costs $900.00 U.S. per month (with an $8,000 deductible).

[Edited at 2023-05-05 02:32 GMT]

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How did you spend the last payment you received from a client?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »