A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you use any blue light filtering system?
Téma indítója: ProZ.com Staff
Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
angol - indonéz
Circadian Rhythm May 2, 2022

Marek Tulipan wrote:

It is not about protecting our eyes from being damaged by blue light (AFAIK, such claims haven't been scientifically proven), but about protecting our circadian rhythm.

If you sit in the evening in front of a screen without blue light reduction, blue light sensors in your eyes still get much blue light, the central nervous system gets the signal "it's still the middle of the day = no sleeping" and suppresses production of melatonin (a hormone) which plays important role in regulating sleep–wake timing.

I think the clients' rigorous deadlines are screwing up my circadian rhythm more than the actual blue light itself, but YMMV.

Also, to those who celebrate it: Happy Eid Mubarak, everyone!

Matthias Brombach

Justin Peterson
Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 00:10
Tag (2007 óta)
spanyol - angol
Yes, I have a filter stuck over my screen May 2, 2022

I'm generally skeptical of all these supposed health hazards, but, given the hours I log in front of the screen, and the minimal hassle involved, I got one. I forget it's there.

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use any blue light filtering system?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »