Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you speak any of these constructed languages?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:09
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
I don't speak an artificial language... Jun 21, 2016

but I can read Tolkien's dwarven runes, which are an artificial alphabet based on Futhark runes.
And at one time, I could read elvish.

Off to learn Ogam this month.

André Müller
André Müller
Germany
Local time: 14:09
German to Esperanto
+ ...
Esperanto & Klingon Sep 12, 2022

Unfortunately the poll only had radio buttons...

I am actually fluent in both Esperanto and Klingon and have done translation projects for both languages. Currently a sci-fi short story to Klingon. The speech community of Klingon is actually bigger than many people might think. Still only a few hundred, but yes, we exist.

I have also learned some Toki Pona, Lojban, and Na'vi
... See more
Unfortunately the poll only had radio buttons...

I am actually fluent in both Esperanto and Klingon and have done translation projects for both languages. Currently a sci-fi short story to Klingon. The speech community of Klingon is actually bigger than many people might think. Still only a few hundred, but yes, we exist.

I have also learned some Toki Pona, Lojban, and Na'vi in the past, but cannot speak them.
Collapse

Maxsun Trans

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 13:09
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, but... Sep 13, 2022

esperantisto wrote:

I have never heard a real person speaking Portuguese, but based on solely my personal experience I would not say that Portuguese is not actually spoken

I am very surprised by your strange comment, and even more so knowing that Russian and Portuguese (meaning the European variant) share some identical sounds...
No, I never learned any of those languages, but at University I had to learn Latin which unfortunately I have forgotten, but it helps me understand a lot of vocabulary, mainly in Romance languages.

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:09
Japanese to English
+ ...
constructed language? Sep 14, 2022

"Kladu barada niktu" (Gort, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still", 1952).

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
No Sep 17, 2022

No. But during high school, I made up an alphabet system to encrypt my diary.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you speak any of these constructed languages?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »