Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you have your own website for your business?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:22
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
No Jul 1, 2010

I have seen many translator's sites that look good and create a professional appearance.

That said, consider the purpose, which is to have people find you.

Renaissance eye-candy and erudite wording are fine, but as Nesrin and others have said it helps little if the only people who see it are of little or no use. Translating tattoos, huh? That's a good one!

I know of a few
... See more
I have seen many translator's sites that look good and create a professional appearance.

That said, consider the purpose, which is to have people find you.

Renaissance eye-candy and erudite wording are fine, but as Nesrin and others have said it helps little if the only people who see it are of little or no use. Translating tattoos, huh? That's a good one!

I know of a few colleagues who are skilled in SEO (search engine optimisation) but I am not.

Given the massive exposure that Proz has on Google etc. and with the sensible use of profile keywords, I am more than happy to have my domain point straight to my Proz profile.

Plenty of useful leads come that way.

Chris
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have your own website for your business?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »