Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:30
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 25, 2021

Hello everyone

Before I continue, allow me to say that Matecat is one of the worst online tools out there. Everything in it seems to have been designed for one purpose: to drive translators up the walls. Whenever the developer had to choose between an option that is more efficient and one that is less efficient, he chose the latter. I suspect he was given a threshold or a quota of inefficiencies to maintain in the product.
... See more
Hello everyone

Before I continue, allow me to say that Matecat is one of the worst online tools out there. Everything in it seems to have been designed for one purpose: to drive translators up the walls. Whenever the developer had to choose between an option that is more efficient and one that is less efficient, he chose the latter. I suspect he was given a threshold or a quota of inefficiencies to maintain in the product.

My question is: do you know of a way to export revisions to an Excel sheet? The project I'm working on requires translators and first-level reviewers to examine the reviews and learn from it (and/or comment on it in a separate tool), but this would be much more efficient if we can get the revisions in a format that allows for scanning with the eye, instead of a format that requires one to click, click, click click, wait, click etc. to see anything relevant.

In the mean time, I've created a pair of AutoIt scripts that can do some of this:
http://www.leuce.com/autoit/matecat_qr_convert_v1.zip

Samuel

[Edited at 2021-06-25 07:37 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Export revisions to Excel

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »