Paola Furini
Paola Furini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:30
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 18, 2013

Hi everyone,

I've just launched my new website and would appreciate your feedback!

www.justranslations.com

Thanks a lot,

Paola

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Beautiful! Feb 18, 2013

Only one thing: I would not use any animations as I find them quite annoying and distracting, and I imagine many other people do.

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
A spelling mistake.... Feb 18, 2013

On the animation (which I quite like, each to his own I guess, except they're a bit fast, if you could slow them down a notch I think that will be better)...

...there's a spelling mistake on the:

WSEBSITE Translations & Localization

“"To translate properly is to render the spirit of a foreign language into our own idiom." - Martin Luther.

Other than that, I really like it. One of the best ones I've seen visually and I'm a sucker for im
... See more
On the animation (which I quite like, each to his own I guess, except they're a bit fast, if you could slow them down a notch I think that will be better)...

“"To translate properly is to render the spirit of a foreign language into our own idiom." - Martin Luther.

Other than that, I really like it. One of the best ones I've seen visually and I'm a sucker for impressive visuals.

[Edited at 2013-02-18 12:24 GMT]
Collapse

Paola Furini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
spelling mistake Feb 18, 2013

Ty Kendall wrote:

Other than that, I really like it. One of the best ones I've seen.

Hi Ty,

I'm pleased that you like it and...thanks for your precious tips!

Spelling mistake now corrected!

I'll try to slow down the animation even if it was meant to be just an overview (you can find the same quotes below). Let's see if it works better!

Bye,

Paola

Michelle Kusuda
Michelle Kusuda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nice Feb 18, 2013

It is well done and nice. However, since you are in Italy, I would use Italia landmarks as images instead of U.S. road and U.S. Supreme Court photographs????

Wish you every success!

Paola Furini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Animations Feb 18, 2013

Diana Coada, BA ACIL wrote:

Only one thing: I would not use any animations as I find them quite annoying and distracting, and I imagine many other people do.

Hi Diana,

thanks for your feedback!

To be honest, the animation is one of my favourite parts of the website.
I think that people don't have to follow necessarily all the animation section as they can easily click on the part they're interested in. Anyway, I'll think about it!

Bye,

Paola

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Animations Feb 18, 2013

Hi Paola,
you've selected a very nice template with a clean design. However, I find the animated header a little distracting too. Perhaps if you could make the module a little smaller it would be fine.

PS: Don't forget to use a good security plugin for your Joomla site. Joomla-based websites are very popular among hackers.

Tatty
Tatty  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feedback Feb 18, 2013

I should start by saying that I'm not savvy about websites. I like the animations but I do think that they are way too fast. I would even think about getting rid of one of the quotes, that way you could slow the whole show down without it turning into a drag.

Personally, I think that the English lacks a bit of flair. Or maybe it is just me, see what others think...

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
My opinion Feb 18, 2013

Overall I like it.

I like the animation, but I think it is too big, same goes for the rest of the first page, I don't like pages where you have to scroll down loads, and for me your home page is far too long (but that's just me, other people will probably not mind).

I like the images and layout.

At the bottom of the pages the section "ABOUT COMPANY" appears in Italian as does the "QUICK CONTACT" section.

If your blog will only be in Italian I w
... See more
Overall I like it.

I like the animation, but I think it is too big, same goes for the rest of the first page, I don't like pages where you have to scroll down loads, and for me your home page is far too long (but that's just me, other people will probably not mind).

I like the images and layout.

At the bottom of the pages the section "ABOUT COMPANY" appears in Italian as does the "QUICK CONTACT" section.

If your blog will only be in Italian I would remove it from the English version of the site.

You do need to polish the English, there are some strange word usages "atelier" (don't know what you meant there, maybe office?), "privates" (private individuals), "all the morning" (all morning), "language and translation addicted" (language and translation addicts), etc.
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
How to baffle your potential clients Feb 18, 2013

Alex Lago wrote:

Overall I like it.

You do need to polish the English, there are some strange word usages "atelier" (don't know what you meant there, maybe office?), "privates" (private individuals), "all the morning" (all morning), "language and translation addicted" (language and translation addicts), etc.

Me too. "Atelier" is the French for a workshop (or artist's study) and is occasionally found in texts to do with arts and crafts. By using this form the Asker is narrowing her target market by excluding the many people unaware of this low-frequency usage.
My reaction to "privates" has to be "No Comment"...

Natalia Mackevich
Natalia Mackevich  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
The animation is lovely, but tooooo fast! Feb 18, 2013

Will you have English blog entries at a later stage?

Paola Furini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
work in progress Feb 18, 2013

[quote]neilmac wrote:

Alex Lago wrote:

Overall I like it.

Thanks a lot.

Me too. "Atelier" is the French for a workshop (or artist's study) and is occasionally found in texts to do with arts and crafts. By using this form the Asker is narrowing her target market by excluding the many people unaware of this low-frequency usage.
My reaction to "privates" has to be "No Comment"...

I 'll take your advice into great consideration to improve the English version!

Paola Furini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Posts in English Feb 18, 2013

Natalia Mackevich wrote:

Will you have English blog entries at a later stage?

Yes, I'm working on posts in English!

Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
' Feb 18, 2013

Hello Paola

You've put an apostrophe in the wrong place on your "About us" page.

"We know that you want more than just a translation, dont' you?"

Tatty
Tatty  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
More than the apostrophe Feb 18, 2013

That's a good example of what I meant. While you are at it, I would change more than the apostrophe...

Why have the blog in English at all, if the language aspect is going to pose such a big problem?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your opinion on my new website

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »