Tamer Mekhimar  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 23:35
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 12, 2012

Hello;
At last I got my www.kalima-trans.com released.

I really appreciate if you can provide me with your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Tamer

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:35
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Nice-looking site Nov 12, 2012

My first impression was that it's a very good-looking site that seems to work well.

There was only one thing that worried me and that was in the message you're giving clients. You talk about how English is so important for companies, you can help them with their English material. And you say you work with a team who are all Arab-native, translating into their native language. It's clear from the texts that English isn't your native language - the writing is good, but it needs proofr
... See more
My first impression was that it's a very good-looking site that seems to work well.

There was only one thing that worried me and that was in the message you're giving clients. You talk about how English is so important for companies, you can help them with their English material. And you say you work with a team who are all Arab-native, translating into their native language. It's clear from the texts that English isn't your native language - the writing is good, but it needs proofreading.

It's a confusing message to me - perhaps to potential clients too.
Collapse

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nice one Nov 12, 2012

Thank you for showing us your newly-born personal site. You have actually included all the modules required. That's great! It seems to be better you re-use the palette to create a stronger color contrast between the background and the font. Go! Tamer.

Tamer Mekhimar
Tamer Mekhimar  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 23:35
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Nov 12, 2012

Sheila Wilson wrote:

There was only one thing that worried me and that was in the message you're giving clients. You talk about how English is so important for companies, you can help them with their English material. And you say you work with a team who are all Arab-native, translating into their native language. It's clear from the texts that English isn't your native language - the writing is good, but it needs proofreading.

Hi Sheila;
Thank you very much for your feedback. Actually, I mean that I can help clients in translating their English materials into Arabic.

If the meaning still not clear, can you please suggest a better paraphrasing.

Thanks in advance.

Tamer

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Great looking website Nov 12, 2012

However

1. It definitely needs proofreading

2. Just a thought: the blue colour on your contact page has nothing to do with your website's colour palette. If you use blue on one page, use it on other pages as well. Just an opinion.

Nor Afizah
Nor Afizah
Malaysia
Local time: 04:35
English to Malay
It looks great Nov 12, 2012

I would say it looks fantastic, good job!

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 04:35
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I agree. Nov 12, 2012

You should make it clear on the homepage that who you are and what you can do !

English to Arabic translations and related services!!

Do not let the potential clients guess your services.

Another suggestion, if you have some translation certifications, post them. If not, please add your photo online and with detailed translation experiences besides your photo. That will make you more reliable.

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:35
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Reliable versus credible Nov 12, 2012

Jing Nie wrote:
Another suggestion, if you have some translation certifications, post them. If not, please add your photo online and with detailed translation experiences besides your photo. That will make you more reliable.

I don't think it would make him more reliable, although it would certainly make him more credible.

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
feedback Nov 21, 2012

Tamer,

I think that with "proofreading", Sheila meant that the English text on your website needs actual proofreading - not only putting emphasis on in what pair you work, but reviewing everything by a native speaker to avoid any mistakes or less than perfect style.

Also, I'm not sure about the "SiteLoc" feature in the corner and "Share" navigation bar at the bottom - it looks somewhat disturbing.

Joachim Stene
Joachim Stene  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Congrats! Dec 5, 2012

Congratulations on your new site! Personally I think it looks more professional with a smaller font size: www.jstene.no (my first website ever, launched this week!) =)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My website - feedback needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »