Thread poster: Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)
Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)
Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:47
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jul 6, 2012

Hello native English speakers and others willing to help:)

I´m translating Terms and Conditions for an online website, and came across this sentence:

"To make use of his right, the consumer focus to the trader in the supply and / or later than the relevant provision provided reasonable and clear instructions."

Does this make sense to anyone?? I found other slightly different versions of the sentence online that aren´t much better, I suspect that mo
... See more
Hello native English speakers and others willing to help:)

I´m translating Terms and Conditions for an online website, and came across this sentence:

"To make use of his right, the consumer focus to the trader in the supply and / or later than the relevant provision provided reasonable and clear instructions."

Does this make sense to anyone?? I found other slightly different versions of the sentence online that aren´t much better, I suspect that most of them are translated from other languages (including this one).

"focus to the trader"= turns to the trader/addresses the trader?
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jibber jabber Jul 6, 2012

This is not proper English. It probably does mean what you suggest, but right now it's just gibberish to me. I'd ask the perpetrator if possible, and in passing give them some advice (e.g. " stick to the day job").

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Then, with as the text therin due to the focal centration. Jul 7, 2012

Basically, as per the focal centration (as may be so clearly perused, read and textually sited, in the aforementioned headily text), the subsequent significal bases thereof would relevantly and clearly lead to the conclusial understanding herein, thereof and bollox.

Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)
Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lol and thanks for the help Jul 7, 2012

Bollox, indeed! I decided to ask the client if he can provide me with a decent source sentence instead of this one. It´s so hard translating something when the source text is bad!

Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms and Conditions- sentence

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »