Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 23, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have this major problem setting up gmail on my phone.

It was working well till yesterday evening but today it is another story.

Please help me find the details like SMTP and other such settings for my phone.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Ritu

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:05
Danish to English
+ ...
Account settings Mar 23, 2018

You can find the details under account settings in the email program you use on the computer. Where they are depends on the software.

I find the Gmail app on Android horrible and difficult to use, as it groups everything into 'conversations', and then I totally lose overview of what's going on. There is a setting to disable that, but it doesn't work. So I ended up disabling Gmail and installing BlueMail instead. It's much better and easier to use. Well that's my opinion, at least.

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
. Mar 26, 2018

[Edited at 2018-03-26 09:54 GMT]

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Another BlueMail user here Mar 26, 2018

BlueMail is alright (I would say it gets 3.0 out of 5 stars from a critical tech reviewer like myself for its ability to perform in the actual day-to-day practice of a freelancer working full-time relying rather heavily on email and 4.2 out of 5 for its features and the fact that it's still free so overall rating would be 3.3 stars based on an 80% weighting for the ability to perform and 20% for the features) and really does a much better job than Outlook Mobile, which is the only other tool I h... See more
BlueMail is alright (I would say it gets 3.0 out of 5 stars from a critical tech reviewer like myself for its ability to perform in the actual day-to-day practice of a freelancer working full-time relying rather heavily on email and 4.2 out of 5 for its features and the fact that it's still free so overall rating would be 3.3 stars based on an 80% weighting for the ability to perform and 20% for the features) and really does a much better job than Outlook Mobile, which is the only other tool I have found in 13 years of being a user of mobile email on post-mobile phone era phones that I can recommend at least with significant reservations (for the avoidance of doubt, these reservations only applying to Outlook Mobile).

I used to happily use the iOS version of Blue Mail and am now happily using the Android version.

I have found setting up IMAP email accounts rather easy as a Blue Mail user.

I would personally steer clear of paid apps for business use as I have noticed over the years that running a freelance translation business is actually still not as cheap after optimizing your operations cost-wise in that respect as they say it can and should be or is but that point of view is arguable.

Cheers,

Sebastian Witte
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem setting up gmail on my phone

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »