Advice on this Egyptian Criminal Record.
Thread poster: Miguel Betanzos
Miguel Betanzos
Miguel Betanzos
Spain
Local time: 09:27
Arabic to Spanish
+ ...
May 31, 2014

Good evening:

It's me again, with the same source of doubts. Please bear with me as I am a novel translator, and learning from troubles I get into.
At this point (a bit late!) I am wondering whether the "result of inspection" part should have a written statement like "no results found for this person" or the absence of a result counts as a clear criminal record.

See more
Good evening:

It's me again, with the same source of doubts. Please bear with me as I am a novel translator, and learning from troubles I get into.
At this point (a bit late!) I am wondering whether the "result of inspection" part should have a written statement like "no results found for this person" or the absence of a result counts as a clear criminal record.

I think I'll call the Egyptian embassy on monday, but in the meantime, if someone would give a straightforward answer, it'll save a lot of time. I also can't find a similar document (filled up - there's a small resolution) on the internet...

All help and suggestions very welcome
Collapse

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 10:27
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
Upon a closer look.. Jun 1, 2014

The Result of Inspection is stated in the black seal above. If you look closely, it says:
"لا توجد أحكام جنائية مسجلة"

You're welcome

Edited to add that the seal, which is not entirely visible, contains the exact same lines that are written in the upper corner of the document, right below
وزارة الداخلية

[Edited at 2014-06-01 18:27 GMT]

Miguel Betanzos
Miguel Betanzos
Spain
Local time: 09:27
Arabic to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really grateful Jun 1, 2014

Noura, that really made my day. Saved me a lot of trouble. I've been working on this document the whole weekend, but I dismissed the black seal taking for granted it just repeated what it's printed nearby (إدارة العامة ...) but the key was in the middle of it !

Thank you very much !
Now all similar documents will be easy for me

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 10:27
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
. Jun 1, 2014

You're so welcome, Miguel.
Indeed, your much needed phrase is not where it's expected. I'm glad to help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on this Egyptian Criminal Record.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »