Mouchira Mohammad
Mouchira Mohammad  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 22:37
Arabic to English
+ ...
Aug 16, 2013

Dear Colleagues:

I would be extremely grateful if you could share with me per word of English rates for Arabic copywriting. I have an English text which I am working from and it is a website content. I am a translator with some copywriting background.

Helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
No specific rates Aug 17, 2013

Salam Mouchira,
Copywriting is still a creative writing, even if you're using an existing text to obtain basic information and go from there.
There isn't a specific rate for copywriting, just as there isn't one for translating, but bare in mind that what you're doing now is more time consuming, and requires more effort, than a straight-forward translation. And it does involve translating in the process, as well. Therefore, charging a higher rate (Per word) than your regular transla
... See more
Salam Mouchira,
Copywriting is still a creative writing, even if you're using an existing text to obtain basic information and go from there.
There isn't a specific rate for copywriting, just as there isn't one for translating, but bare in mind that what you're doing now is more time consuming, and requires more effort, than a straight-forward translation. And it does involve translating in the process, as well. Therefore, charging a higher rate (Per word) than your regular translating rate would be quite logical, and even expected.
There's also the option of charging per hour.

Good luck,
Collapse

Mouchira Mohammad
Saudi Arabia
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Aug 17, 2013

Salam Noura,

Thank you so much. You have enlightened me greatly. Your help is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Mouchira

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
You're welcome Aug 17, 2013

You're so welcome, Mouchira. Good luck!

Mouchira Mohammad
Saudi Arabia
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another query Aug 17, 2013

Dear Noura,

Thank you so much, Dear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic copywriting per word rates

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »