Looking for mobile internet (phone) solution in Portugal
Thread poster: Gosie
Gosie
Gosie
Sweden
Jun 5, 2013

Hi!

Sorry for writing in english, I know Portuguese but I can explain myself better in English.

This summer i'm going to spend six weeks in Portugal. I live in Sweden and I need my smartphone and internet on a daily basis for work. So I will need to use my phone and applications like "WhatsApp" while i'm in Portugal. I've been looking at Vodafone, Optimus, TMN, but I can't really find what I need. So i'm asking you, people who live in Portugal and know more about these
... See more
Hi!

Sorry for writing in english, I know Portuguese but I can explain myself better in English.

This summer i'm going to spend six weeks in Portugal. I live in Sweden and I need my smartphone and internet on a daily basis for work. So I will need to use my phone and applications like "WhatsApp" while i'm in Portugal. I've been looking at Vodafone, Optimus, TMN, but I can't really find what I need. So i'm asking you, people who live in Portugal and know more about these things and know what I can use. First off I think I will need a portuguese SIM-card (which will give me a portuguese telephone number, but that is okay). The most important thing is that I have around 500MB internet to use on my smartphone, and that I can charge my card with money (pré-pago) and use the whole value until I have to refill for more internet etc.

It would truly be amazing if someone could help me.
Thank you in advance!

Best regards.
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:09
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TMN Jun 6, 2013

Here's the TMN page:

http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/tmn/menuitem.0143d3546741f79ae8f48210751056a0/?vgnextoid=26625dbb7fd02210VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD

I would say print it and go with it to the TMN shop so they know what you need. But they will know enough English for you to understand
... See more
Here's the TMN page:

http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/tmn/menuitem.0143d3546741f79ae8f48210751056a0/?vgnextoid=26625dbb7fd02210VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD

I would say print it and go with it to the TMN shop so they know what you need. But they will know enough English for you to understand each other

I'm not sure how much PT you can read/understand, but if you need any help with what's written on the page, I'll help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for mobile internet (phone) solution in Portugal

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »