Has Franck Pavloff's 'Matin brun' been translated into Portuguese?
Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:27
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I apologize for writing in English in the Portuguese forum; I took this liberty as my question is strongly related to the Portuguese language.

Matin brun, Franck Pavloff's short story was published in French, and then translated into 25 languages. Is Portuguese one of them? A quick search did not show any evidence of this
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I apologize for writing in English in the Portuguese forum; I took this liberty as my question is strongly related to the Portuguese language.

Matin brun, Franck Pavloff's short story was published in French, and then translated into 25 languages. Is Portuguese one of them? A quick search did not show any evidence of this - but it wopuld be great if anyone could confirm this question either way.

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I don't think so Nov 1, 2012

Apparently in Portugal was only published in... Spanish! (http://www.bertrand.pt/?palavra=manãna%20parda&restricts=8066&facetcode=temas)

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
In Brazil... Nov 1, 2012

The only book by Franck Pavloff I found published in Portuguese was
Eu não queria isso! - A Prostituição Infantil ("I didn't want that! - Child Prostitution" - my reanslation of the title into EN). It was published in 2002, is stated as out of print, not being foun
... See more
The only book by Franck Pavloff I found published in Portuguese was
Eu não queria isso! - A Prostituição Infantil ("I didn't want that! - Child Prostitution" - my reanslation of the title into EN). It was published in 2002, is stated as out of print, not being found any more on the publisher's web site.

Livraria Cultura (best known online Brazilian bookstore) sells "Brown Morning" in English.
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:27
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much both Nov 2, 2012

for confirming my suspicion.
Kind regards
Attila

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You're welcome! Nov 2, 2012

I found also, curiously enough, an Alsatian version of the book for sale in Portugal (E Brüner Morje, http://www.bertrand.pt/?palavra=franck%20pavloff&restricts=8066&facetcode=temas)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has Franck Pavloff's 'Matin brun' been translated into Portuguese?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »