Auto-translate sentance when only number changes
Thread poster: Adam Earley
Adam Earley
Adam Earley
China
Jun 2, 2021

I'll make this quick because I'm at work. I do game translations and A LOT of sentences are like the following:
Attack +10
Attack +20
Attack +50
Attack +100

After translating the first one, the pre-translate function or just jumping to the next segment will populate it with the right sentence but not change the numbers, and manually going through 1000's of these to change just a number is..well...insane. I've searched all over for how to do this and can't fi
... See more
I'll make this quick because I'm at work. I do game translations and A LOT of sentences are like the following:
Attack +10
Attack +20
Attack +50
Attack +100

After translating the first one, the pre-translate function or just jumping to the next segment will populate it with the right sentence but not change the numbers, and manually going through 1000's of these to change just a number is..well...insane. I've searched all over for how to do this and can't find an answer. Any help could potentially save me hours...
Collapse

Edward Bradburn

Abdullah Hassaan
Abdullah Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:42
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
A possible solution for this case Jun 2, 2021

1- Use the view filter to display only the segments that include "Attak +" to have all the relevant segments displayed.

2- Copy source text to target.

3- Use "Find and replace" then Replace All to replace the wird Attak with your translation while keeping the number in each segment.

4- Change the status of the displayed segments to Translated\Condfirmed.

5- Clear\Deactivate the display filter to see the whole text again.

Hope, t
... See more
1- Use the view filter to display only the segments that include "Attak +" to have all the relevant segments displayed.

2- Copy source text to target.

3- Use "Find and replace" then Replace All to replace the wird Attak with your translation while keeping the number in each segment.

4- Change the status of the displayed segments to Translated\Condfirmed.

5- Clear\Deactivate the display filter to see the whole text again.

Hope, this would help you!

Best regards
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:42
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Should happen automatically Jun 2, 2021

I have tried with the lines you sent and memoQ does replace the numbers automatically with no special setting at all.
Captura de pantalla 2021-06-02 075134

This might sound like a stupid question, but just to rule it out: Are you sure you are confirming the segments (Ctrl+Enter) after translating them, so that they are in your memory?

[Edited at 2021-06-02 05:52 GMT]

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Grigori Gazarian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto-translate sentance when only number changes

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »