Thread poster: Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:55
German to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2016

MemoQ says : "Close tags should be structural". I work with MQ for several months and have never encountered this problem before. The document can be exported as a bilingual Rich text file.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Misplaced tags? Oct 30, 2016

I suspect some tag is misplaced in one or several segments. Have you used the "Run QA" function to pinpoint any tag related issues? If Run QA reports changed tag order or missing tags, I suggest that you delete all tags in the affected segment(s) and insert them again in the right order (using F9 or copying/pasting).

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alas Oct 30, 2016

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

I suspect some tag is misplaced in one or several segments. Have you used the "Run QA" function to pinpoint any tag related issues? If Run QA reports changed tag order or missing tags, I suggest that you delete all tags in the affected segment(s) and insert them again in the right order (using F9 or copying/pasting).

I have run Quality Assurance and re-inserted some tags to no avail. I found this very strange

[Edited at 2016-10-30 15:15 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is your memoQ up-to-date? Oct 30, 2016

Apparently, the undue appearance of the error message you mention was fixed in Build 56 (issued last year; more info here: https://www.memoq.com/en/news/memoq-2015-build-56-released). Is your memoQ up-to-date? You might want to check for updates with "Look for updates" in the memoQ tab.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My MemoQ is up to date Oct 31, 2016

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Apparently, the undue appearance of the error message you mention was fixed in Build 56 (issued last year; more info here: https://www.memoq.com/en/news/memoq-2015-build-56-released). Is your memoQ up-to-date? You might want to check for updates with "Look for updates" in the memoQ tab.

and the tips about the said error message I have found the same day when the problem emerged. Nothing helps, MemoQ promises to report this error to Kilgray's support service but they do not work on weekends and are extremely slow as regards fixing their bugs.
Strange but the next file I exported in docx without problems.

Thank you, Tomas, for your time and effort.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export file in docx from MemoQ2015

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »