Ales Horak  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:21
Member (2009)
English to Czech
+ ...
Aug 17, 2015

Hello!

I have had a problem today - I exported a Transit package from MemoQ, the export was successful, but when I opened the package (pxf file) in Transit, the file was not translated.
Actually, I sent the txf file to the client first, which was very shameful as the package was untouched
Later, I exported it as a pxf file and realized that it was really not translated at all (although all segments in Mem
... See more
Hello!

I have had a problem today - I exported a Transit package from MemoQ, the export was successful, but when I opened the package (pxf file) in Transit, the file was not translated.
Actually, I sent the txf file to the client first, which was very shameful as the package was untouched
Later, I exported it as a pxf file and realized that it was really not translated at all (although all segments in MemoQ were finished and confirmed).

It never happened before. Is there any solution to this? I had not enough time, so my only way was to import the tmx file to Transit and include it in the Reference material folder. The fuzzy matches from the TM worked well, but some segments required editing of the mark-ups (bold font) which took me more than 40 minutes (4500 words in total). Some wrong mark-ups were revealed after running the QA check too.

Thanks to anybody who has ever had the same experience!

Ales
Collapse

Andrea Muller (X)
Andrea Muller (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:21
English to German
+ ...
Export settings? Aug 17, 2015

I don't know if this is relevant, as I never worked with a transit package.

But I had the same thing recently when exporting a Studio package with the Export (dialog) option – the target text segments were empty. But it worked fine with the Export (stored path) option.

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 16:21
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
File's name Aug 17, 2015

Hello,

I experienced this problem 3 x within Transit packages. Each package included about 12-15 files, all completely translated except 1 file.

Shortly after we decovered the reason: the name/designation of the respective files showed some special German characters: ä, ü and ß. Since the TM saved all data, we renamed the files and translated them again.
Everything worked smoothly!

So check your file´s name and maybe you will find the motive...

Ales Horak
Ales Horak  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:21
Member (2009)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Aug 17, 2015

ahartje wrote:

Hello,

I experienced this problem 3 x within Transit packages. Each package included about 12-15 files, all completely translated except 1 file.

Shortly after we decovered the reason: the name/designation of the respective files showed some special German characters: ä, ü and ß. Since the TM saved all data, we renamed the files and translated them again.
Everything worked smoothly!

So check your file´s name and maybe you will find the motive...

I renamed, pre-translated and exported the original package and it worked

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit package does not export as translated from MemoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »