1. memoQ freezes during Transit package import 2. concordance search yields no results from Transit
Thread poster: Gert Sass (M.A.)
Gert Sass (M.A.)
Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:34
English to German
+ ...
Jul 16, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I am currently using a test license of memoQ 2015 (or 7.8.5) on Windows 7 to translate a Transit NXT package. I have repeatedly tried to import the package into memoQ creating a new project respectively. During each each of these import operations, memoQ freezes midway while some part of the reference material time is displayed as being imported in the dialog. I let the import run over night, but the result was the same. However, when I abort the import and restar
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am currently using a test license of memoQ 2015 (or 7.8.5) on Windows 7 to translate a Transit NXT package. I have repeatedly tried to import the package into memoQ creating a new project respectively. During each each of these import operations, memoQ freezes midway while some part of the reference material time is displayed as being imported in the dialog. I let the import run over night, but the result was the same. However, when I abort the import and restart memoQ, I can find all the files for translation, and can work on them.

One thing that strikes me though is that where there used to be two files for one topic in Transit, e.g. xy_001.DEU and xy_001.ENU, there is now only one, and the endings (.DEU and .ENU) have disappeared. The major problem , however, is that the concordance search yields no results from the reference material whatsoever. The concordance search is vital to this project, since it is very large.

During the import, I have made sure to check the "Import reference material to... (My TM)" option, but it seems that didn't suffice to make it searchable somehow. Is there any other step to be taken for that sake, or are there any other trapdoors in the import process or common issues with importing large batches which I am not yet aware of?

Thanks in advance for your input, colleagues!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1. memoQ freezes during Transit package import 2. concordance search yields no results from Transit

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »