After alignment : export to TM does'nt work
Thread poster: laurgi
laurgi
laurgi  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:58
German to French
Jun 6, 2015

Bonjour
Sorry for posting in French. Answers in Englisch or German are also welcome.

MemoQ 2014 R2

J'ai fait un alignement d'une ancienne traduction DE-FR, les docs sont ou format idml. L'alignement s'est fait sans problème.
Au moment d'exporter vers une MT, la fenêtre où je suis censé en sélectionner une reste désespérement vide.

Pourquoi ?
Le support de Kilgray me demande si j'ai bien des TM dans la même paire. OUI : j'en dédui
... See more
Bonjour
Sorry for posting in French. Answers in Englisch or German are also welcome.

MemoQ 2014 R2

J'ai fait un alignement d'une ancienne traduction DE-FR, les docs sont ou format idml. L'alignement s'est fait sans problème.
Au moment d'exporter vers une MT, la fenêtre où je suis censé en sélectionner une reste désespérement vide.

Pourquoi ?
Le support de Kilgray me demande si j'ai bien des TM dans la même paire. OUI : j'en déduis que toutes celles qui sont dans la paire DE-FR (presque toutes) devraient bien être visibles au moment de faire mon choix ?

Qu'en pensez-vous ?

Merci !
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
Finnish to French
Select at least one TM Jun 7, 2015

You probably need to go to Project home > Translation memories and select at least one TM.

If you want to import your alignment into an empty TM, just create a new TM there, then select it (tick it). It should then appear in the window when exporting your alignment.

Also note you don't need to export to a TM at all, since memoQ can use LiveDocs corpora as if they were TM's.

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
See also Jun 7, 2015

http://www.proz.com/forum/french/286705-memoq_exporter_vers_tm.html

Regards

laurgi
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Merci! Jun 7, 2015

thanks to both of you

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
Finnish to French
Solution? Jun 8, 2015

So just for the record: did you manage to solve your problem, and if so, how?

laurgi
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet Jun 8, 2015

Support told me, maybe there are some issues with the corpus.
Of course I'l give more informations as soon as we know whats wrong.

laurgi
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Solved :) Jun 17, 2015

Just don't ask me how

Support sent me a link to download an reinstall a memoq update (7.5.60). Now I managed to export the corpus and reimport it to tm.
Before the update, there was another issue with a recurrent error message, everytime when I tried to do it or when I closed the aligned docs. In other project I often had an error message too. No more error message now.
So, I guess, the main issue was re
... See more
Just don't ask me how

Support sent me a link to download an reinstall a memoq update (7.5.60). Now I managed to export the corpus and reimport it to tm.
Before the update, there was another issue with a recurrent error message, everytime when I tried to do it or when I closed the aligned docs. In other project I often had an error message too. No more error message now.
So, I guess, the main issue was related to this error message wich the support has fixed by updating memoq.
Thanks for your help. The support was very reactive, I'm really impressed.
Collapse

Choicetrans
Choicetrans
United States
Local time: 21:58
Member (2007)
Answer from Kilgray Support for the same issue Feb 24, 2016

We ran into the same issue today, and after following the instructions from Kilgray it is working:

Language Terminal is selected as Server URL. If you export the project to My Computer, the TMs should be appear on the list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After alignment : export to TM does'nt work

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »