Is it possible to split a bilingual table?
Autor wątku: boostrer
boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 01:49
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Apr 2, 2015

Hi,

I have a bilingual table, the first part of which can be segmented by default, whereas the second part I need to segment with a special set of segmentation rules. Can I split it for the translation and then merge its translated sections?

When I am creating separate files, I either cannot see the text or (if I use a bilingual filter) segments with refs. to the source file locations appear (sort of asds-asdd-ghjk). I want to be sure that if I split the table, translat
... See more
Hi,

I have a bilingual table, the first part of which can be segmented by default, whereas the second part I need to segment with a special set of segmentation rules. Can I split it for the translation and then merge its translated sections?

When I am creating separate files, I either cannot see the text or (if I use a bilingual filter) segments with refs. to the source file locations appear (sort of asds-asdd-ghjk). I want to be sure that if I split the table, translate it and then add the translation to the original table, this final table would allow creating the target file (I don't have it).
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:49
angielski > węgierski
+ ...
say what? Apr 2, 2015

If you want somebody to help you, you'd be well advised to explain your situation in a way that someone other than you can understand. For instance, what do you mean by bilingual table? What is the exact file format? If it's bilingual why do you need to translate it? Can't you chop it in half outside of MQ?

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 01:49
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
2 FarkasAndras Apr 2, 2015

Thank you for a useful advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to split a bilingual table?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »