Thread poster: Neil Ashby
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
It does not work Jun 15, 2016

I have followed all of the above, exactely as indicated by Stepan. Then pressed Pretranslate on a 1000 words online project. Waited a few (too many) minutes to complete. At the end NOTHING was updated. Tried again and again, restarted the program, restarted the PC. Nothing.

If I go back to translating and press control+enter on the last edited segment, mQ goes to the next unedited segment but it does not replace it with the 100% hit appearing in the working memory. Instead, I need t
... See more
I have followed all of the above, exactely as indicated by Stepan. Then pressed Pretranslate on a 1000 words online project. Waited a few (too many) minutes to complete. At the end NOTHING was updated. Tried again and again, restarted the program, restarted the PC. Nothing.

If I go back to translating and press control+enter on the last edited segment, mQ goes to the next unedited segment but it does not replace it with the 100% hit appearing in the working memory. Instead, I need to press ctrl+1 to put the hit in the segment and then ctrl+enter, and so on and so on...

My connection seems to be working fine. I am using the latest version of mQ 2015 7.8.153. Most of the file strings are 100% matches (one or two words) but I have to press the keys and wait hundreds of times to complete this file.

I am not sure if this is due to mQ or to the way the project was prepared. Unfortunately, export to trados and to tmx is disabled in this project, else I would have finished in 2 minutes.

What a waste of time...
Collapse

Kamil Gałczyński
Kamil Gałczyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:19
German to Polish
Have you Jun 16, 2016

AMD CPU?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:19
English to Russian
Automatic lookup and insertion Jun 16, 2016

If you want to insert best matches automatically, you should tick the box here:
Translation
Automatic Lookup And Insertion
Automatically insert best result after confirming segments

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2014 R2 very, very slow!?!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »