Importing a bilingual RTF file in MemoQ
Thread poster: Kidre
Kidre
Kidre
France
Jan 14, 2015

Hello everybody,

I received some bilingual RTF files to use as references, but I don't know how to use import these in MemoQ.

Here is what they look like:

I would like to import them into a TM but I can't seem to find how to do this. I've tried "Import with options" and "Trados-compatible bilingual documents".

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out with this.
Many thanks!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:04
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Markers are wrong Jan 14, 2015

I think you should be able to use the "Trados-compatible bilingual documents" option, but the markers are wrong in the file. They are not Trados' classical markers, although they are used in the same manner (opening, central, ending).

You should be able to use Find/Replace in MS Word to replace your tags with those of Trados, which you can see in this webpage under the hea
... See more
I think you should be able to use the "Trados-compatible bilingual documents" option, but the markers are wrong in the file. They are not Trados' classical markers, although they are used in the same manner (opening, central, ending).

You should be able to use Find/Replace in MS Word to replace your tags with those of Trados, which you can see in this webpage under the heading "View in memoQ's Trados-compatible bilingual DOC export".

Once you replace the tags to those classical of Trados and save the document as RTF, you should be able to import the file and then add this to your memory. I hope this helps a bit!
Collapse

Kidre
Kidre
France
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 14, 2015

I will try this, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a bilingual RTF file in MemoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »