Extracting Word file from mqxlz file (originally Transit pxf File)
Thread poster: Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:45
Spanish to English
Feb 9, 2014

I was given a pxf file to do in transit and uploaded it into MemoQ, did the translation and now would like to see the final word document, but for some reason I'm unable to generate it.

When I select Export Bilingual or Export Stored Path, an mqxlz file is generated.

I would like to be able to edit the final target file as it will appear in Word.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
Finnish to French
You need the source language Word document Feb 9, 2014

If you weren't supplied the original source language DOC/DOCX, there is no way you can obtain the translated DOC/DOCX. Even if you would have it, you can only obtain the translated version in memoQ by re-translating it (using the TM obtained while translating the Transit project) in memoQ.

Tiffany Hardy
Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:45
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks...that's unfortunate Feb 9, 2014

Thank you Dominique.

It's a shame because I really like to revise my work in its final format.

[Edited at 2014-02-09 15:13 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
Finnish to French
Ask your client for it! Feb 9, 2014

Tiffany Hardy wrote:
It's a shame because I really like to revise my work in its final format.

I fully agree, and it would make perfect sense IMO. You'd have to ask your client for the original Word document. I can't see why they wouldn't give it to you if asked to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting Word file from mqxlz file (originally Transit pxf File)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »