Thread poster: inkweaver
inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:22
French to German
+ ...
Oct 3, 2013

I am currently using a trial version of MemoQ2013. Before I was still using MemoQ 4.0 which I duely uninstalled before installing the version.

Now every time I start MemoQ2013 I get a pop-up informing me of a migration of legacy resources. And not only that, it creates a migration log icon on my desktop every single time which I do find rather annoying. Is there any way of stopping that?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask Kilgray... Oct 3, 2013

I think this is the kind of thing you should ask Kilgray via their support email or support ticket system.

Unfortunately I haven't done that transition yet (I am still at 6.2), so I cannot know whether this is normal. I reckon it must be something related to the fact that your previous version was 4.0 and not a more recent version (i.e. that your previous resources were not upgraded gradually to version 6.2).

The solution would be interesting to know, so please do post
... See more
I think this is the kind of thing you should ask Kilgray via their support email or support ticket system.

Unfortunately I haven't done that transition yet (I am still at 6.2), so I cannot know whether this is normal. I reckon it must be something related to the fact that your previous version was 4.0 and not a more recent version (i.e. that your previous resources were not upgraded gradually to version 6.2).

The solution would be interesting to know, so please do post it here so that other know what happened and how to resolve it. Good luck!
Collapse

inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Oct 3, 2013

Just in case anyone is interested: The problem was caused by old TMs and termbases which were still hanging around in folders in places where I didn't expect them to be.

I followed the paths indicated in the text files created on my desktop and deleted all the old stuff which I won't be using anymore (I saved everything I need seperately this time, just in case I wouldn't be happy with the new MemoQ version - which I am...
See more
Just in case anyone is interested: The problem was caused by old TMs and termbases which were still hanging around in folders in places where I didn't expect them to be.

I followed the paths indicated in the text files created on my desktop and deleted all the old stuff which I won't be using anymore (I saved everything I need seperately this time, just in case I wouldn't be happy with the new MemoQ version - which I am).

So now all this old junk is deleted everything is working the way it should.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrate legacy resources pop-up

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »