Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holanda
Local time: 03:23
Membro (2006)
inglês para africâner
+ ...
Nov 25, 2012

G'day everyone

I translate in WFC, but some clients send me MemoQ bilingual files with tags in the mqInternal style. To use this in WFC, the easiest for me is to change all mqInternal text to tw4winInternal. Now my question is: how crucial is it that I change it back to mqInternal before delivering to the client? Will MemoQ mind if the tags are in tw4winInternal instead of mqInternal?

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited: Thanks, JL.]

[Edited
... See more
G'day everyone

I translate in WFC, but some clients send me MemoQ bilingual files with tags in the mqInternal style. To use this in WFC, the easiest for me is to change all mqInternal text to tw4winInternal. Now my question is: how crucial is it that I change it back to mqInternal before delivering to the client? Will MemoQ mind if the tags are in tw4winInternal instead of mqInternal?

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited: Thanks, JL.]

[Edited at 2012-11-26 07:03 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 21:23
inglês para francês
+ ...
format soup Nov 25, 2012

I s'pose you mean "Will MemoQ mind if the tags are in tw4winInternal instead of mqInternal?

JL

Samuel Murray wrote:

[snip] Will MemoQ mind if the tags are in tw4winInternal instead of tw4winInternal?

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Polônia
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Add to list of internal styles? Nov 25, 2012

G'day

I don't know WFC in detail, but I suppose there should be a configurable list of internal / external styles to add a new style to.

Regards,

Piotr

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:23
finlandês para francês
styles for internal/external styles not user-configurable in WFC Nov 25, 2012

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:
I don't know WFC in detail, but I suppose there should be a configurable list of internal / external styles to add a new style to.

It used to be the case, a long time ago, but nowadays styles for internal and external tags in WFC are no longer user-configurable: they are hard-coded in the program and you therefore have to use tw4winInternal and tw4winExternal. This means that you must rename mqInternal to tw4winInternal, and then tw4winInternal back to mqInternal when you're finished. Things would be easier if memoQ also used tw4winInternal instead of mqInternal; WFP uses tw4winInternal as the styles for its own tags in its "bilingual review" (equivalent of memoQ's two-column RTF).

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holanda
Membro (2006)
inglês para africâner
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
WFP doesn't care about the style Nov 26, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
WFP uses tw4winInternal as the styles for its own tags in its ... two-column RTF [export].

Yes, that is true, but for import purposes WFP doesn't care in what style those tags are. They can be in plain text, and WFP will import them correctly as tags anyway.

So... are you telling me that MemoQ will refuse to import the two-column RTF if the tags are not in the appropriate style? That is essentiall my question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A question about mqInternal

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »