"Reorganization in progress" loop
Thread poster: Martin Purdy
Martin Purdy
Martin Purdy
Local time: 17:53
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2023

This looks like an old problem that is recurring in the latest version of WF. A variant was reported here in 2011: https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/201197-cannot_import_tm_because_reorganization_never_ends.html

In my case I paused work on a translation this morning, closed my open segment, did something els
... See more
This looks like an old problem that is recurring in the latest version of WF. A variant was reported here in 2011: https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/201197-cannot_import_tm_because_reorganization_never_ends.html

In my case I paused work on a translation this morning, closed my open segment, did something else, returned to my Word file, began the WF session again from where I left off, and the message appeared in my tool tray:

Reorganization in progress... [number] XX%

All very well - no idea why it was reorganising my TM but normally it gets to 100% and I can continue. Not today. It reached 100% and a TU count of 500,000 or so (correct for my TM), and then returned to 1% and began the percentage count over, while the number of TUs continued to rise. I closed the machine right down, powered it off and unplugged it while I got lunch, then started it up again. Opened Word with a dummy document, started a WF session and got "Reorganization in progress ..." and the whole cycle started over.

I've left it running while typing this and it's now on about its 8th cycle with a theoretical total of 3.8 million TUs (for an actual TU total of 500,000, don't forget), and looks like it will continue all day and beyond. The program has become unusable until I can get this fixed. Any ideas?

Platform: PC (Win 10), Word (Office 2019), WF Classic 8.93
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:53
Member (2006)
French to English
Hotline ticket Apr 23, 2023

Hello Martin,
Sorry, not sure how to help.
Have you contacted the hotline?
Best,
John

Martin Purdy
Martin Purdy
Local time: 17:53
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Reorganization in progress" loop Apr 23, 2023

Thanks, John, I seem to have resolved it in between times by deleting wordfast.ini (actually renaming it wordfast893.old as a backup, just in case) and reinstalling from a new download. Still mystified about what caused it, however, and would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this recently.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Reorganization in progress" loop

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »