Save copy of existing TM with different target language variant?
Thread poster: eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 00:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2022

I have an IT-EN US TM that I would like to save as IT-EN GB. I have a lot of important information in the EN US TM that I need for a EN GB coded project. I've looked and looked, and I can't find any way to do it. Is it possible?

Daniel Fernandes
Daniel Fernandes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:18
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I would change it manually Sep 19, 2022

Whenever I need to change source or target languages of a TM or TMX file, I open it with a text editor and search-replace what I want to replace.

I just downloaded a TM file from my Wordfast Anywhere to test it and it worked.

I downloaded one of my FR>PT-BR TM files, opened it with a text editor, searched-replaced the PT-BR with PT-PT, saved it and uploaded back it to WFA.

The new TM in WFA now is FR>PT-PT.

I hope this can help you.

Jean Lachaud
eccotraduttrice
Philippe Locquet

eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 00:18
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Sep 19, 2022

This worked, thank you so much Daniel!

Daniel Fernandes wrote:

Whenever I need to change source or target languages of a TM or TMX file, I open it with a text editor and search-replace what I want to replace.

I just downloaded a TM file from my Wordfast Anywhere to test it and it worked.

I downloaded one of my FR>PT-BR TM files, opened it with a text editor, searched-replaced the PT-BR with PT-PT, saved it and uploaded back it to WFA.

The new TM in WFA now is FR>PT-PT.

I hope this can help you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save copy of existing TM with different target language variant?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »