How to find subtitling opportunities for someone new
Thread poster: esther434
esther434
esther434
English to Spanish
Jan 18, 2012

Hello Everyone,
I have done a bit of Spanish subtitling using the Universal Subtitles format. I would like to have the opportunity to participate or work in some Spanish/English subtitling projects but I don't know where I would be able to do this with such little experience.
Thank you.
esther434

Eva Montgomery
Eva Montgomery  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:28
English to Swedish
+ ...
A tip for Esther re entering subtitling area Jan 18, 2012

Dear Esther,

You could try Deluxe Digital Studios for the sake of experience. They seem always to be recruiting. I am doing freelance English>Swedish subtitling jobs for them. It's fun and varied but not particularly well paid.

I am trying to find French>Swedish subtitling opportunities, any tips?

Best, Eva

Marta Nazare
Marta Nazare  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:28
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I find myself in the same situation [EN>Portuguese(European)] Jan 18, 2012

Dear Esther,

I find myself in the same situation as you, although in different language pairs. I did some subtitling for a company in 2006-2007 and never had the opportunity to work in subtitling again. The project ended and the company never contacted me for other projects. Them I had the opportunity to enter the world of literary translation and never again did subtitling. Now I would like to start subtitling again but I don't know how.

Well, maybe you should
... See more
Dear Esther,

I find myself in the same situation as you, although in different language pairs. I did some subtitling for a company in 2006-2007 and never had the opportunity to work in subtitling again. The project ended and the company never contacted me for other projects. Them I had the opportunity to enter the world of literary translation and never again did subtitling. Now I would like to start subtitling again but I don't know how.

Well, maybe you should look for subtitling jobs here at Proz. I think it could be a good start. I've seen a couple of them, but unfortunately I can't apply for Brazilian Portuguese.

All the best,
Marta Nazaré
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find subtitling opportunities for someone new

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »