Sophie Borel
Sophie Borel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:28
English to French
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Dear all,

A French videomaker proposed me to translate the French subtitles of some English interviews that are part of one his videos. He told me that to do so, I need some specific certification/assermentation... Do you know something about that? Thank you for any information you can give me about this requirement.

Best regards,

Diana Battaglio
Diana Battaglio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:28
English to Italian
+ ...
Non-disclosure agreement Jul 4, 2011

Hello Sophie,

in such cases the owner of the video might ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which you agree not to disclose information about the content. Is that what you mean?

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Ask... Jul 4, 2011

Ask the French videomaker; only he knows what his requirements are, we here in the crowd have no idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification for subtitle translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »