cultural transfer and humour in audiovisual translation (dubbing and subtitles)
Thread poster: martuszka23
martuszka23
martuszka23
Local time: 10:07
Polish to English
Feb 23, 2009

I'm writing my master's thesis at present. My thesis is connected with audiovisual translation. I want to write about cultural transfer and the transfer of humour from English to Polish. I also want to compare dubbing and subtitles in source languge (which is English) with dubbing and subtitling in target language (Polish). The problem is that it is hard to find books in English concerning this matter. I have some articles from the internet. I also read a book "Przekład audiowizualny" by Teresa... See more
I'm writing my master's thesis at present. My thesis is connected with audiovisual translation. I want to write about cultural transfer and the transfer of humour from English to Polish. I also want to compare dubbing and subtitles in source languge (which is English) with dubbing and subtitling in target language (Polish). The problem is that it is hard to find books in English concerning this matter. I have some articles from the internet. I also read a book "Przekład audiowizualny" by Teresa Tomaszkiewicz but this book is in Polish. Does anybody know any really good books in English I could refer to in my thesis? Or maybe you have any books in pdf format? I would be really grateful.

[Edited at 2009-02-23 12:43 GMT]
Collapse

LiGa86
LiGa86
Local time: 10:07
Polish to English
audiovisual translation Mar 4, 2009

hey! I'm also writing about audiovisual translation. I have some books (in pdf) in english which can be useful. If you want we can share. Maybe you have sth I will need;) You can email me: [email protected]
best wishes
L.

[Modificato alle 2009-03-04 15:51 GMT]

keremx
keremx
Local time: 11:07
English to Turkish
may i have it? Apr 8, 2009

Hello Liga86.

May i have a copy of the books you mentioned? I am a Turkish translator on dubbing and subtitling process and all I can offer you is some experience in return.

Thansk.

MAugustyn (X)
MAugustyn (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:07
English to Polish
A good book on Audiovisual translation May 26, 2011

Hello,

I have afound a very interesting book about audiovisual translation, I know it is on Google Books, however, it is in an abridged version. But if you are able to find it in a library it can be really useful. It was published in Poland, I think but the book is in English and most contributors are foreigners. This is the book
Perspectives on Audiovisual Translation By Lukasz Bogucki, Krzysztof Kredens

See more
Hello,

I have afound a very interesting book about audiovisual translation, I know it is on Google Books, however, it is in an abridged version. But if you are able to find it in a library it can be really useful. It was published in Poland, I think but the book is in English and most contributors are foreigners. This is the book
Perspectives on Audiovisual Translation By Lukasz Bogucki, Krzysztof Kredens

Magda
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cultural transfer and humour in audiovisual translation (dubbing and subtitles)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »