Thread poster: Helen Farrell
Helen Farrell
Helen Farrell  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:59
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2008

I have been offered a potential project to translate subtitles for a new company. Usually I work in T-Spot and was wondering if it was possible to produce subtitle files in srt, pac or 890 format using T-Spot. Thanks in advance.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:59
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
More info, please Sep 26, 2008

Ciao, Helen,

I haven't been able to find this T-Spot of yours on the web, not even on http://www.videohelp.com . Do you have the URL for their home page?

I'd like to know what kind of file it generates. Maybe you'll find some program that is compatible with both these files and SRT, where you could do the conversion. I know that PAC and 890 are a different kind of game.

Helen Farrell
Helen Farrell  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:59
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
T-Spot is proprietary software Sep 26, 2008

Having done a bit of research, I think T-Spot was created by the company Softitler solely for its own projects. In order to create subtitles in the afore-stated formats, I think I'd need to purchase FAB Subtitler or similar. FYI, T-Spot creates .UNS format files.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:59
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Subtitle Workshop Sep 26, 2008

Give Subtitle Workshop a try. It's simple and free, from http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw
In spite of its limitations, it will probably cover 80% of your needs.
It does generate SRT files, and many others.

I suggest you use the time-proven v2.51. I tried v4 - rewritten from scracth - a while ago, and it lacked several things.

If you us
... See more
Give Subtitle Workshop a try. It's simple and free, from http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw
In spite of its limitations, it will probably cover 80% of your needs.
It does generate SRT files, and many others.

I suggest you use the time-proven v2.51. I tried v4 - rewritten from scracth - a while ago, and it lacked several things.

If you use Windows Vista (ugh!), maybe you'll have compatibility issues. They say v4 is Vista-compatible. I'll stick to Win XP until something better comes out.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Spot compatibility

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »