Powwow: Guelph - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Guelph - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Tom Ellett (X)
Tom Ellett (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Suggested venue Sep 17, 2012

Hi Suzanne,

If you'd like to consider a different venue for this month's powwow, I can suggest Fionn MacCool's, a new Irish pub in the former Casey's location at Edinburgh and Stone roads (close to the university, and with ample parking).

They accept lunch bookings and have a private area available upstairs for groups (assuming there will be more of us than last month). The restaurant's phone number is 519-766-4242 and the e
... See more
Hi Suzanne,

If you'd like to consider a different venue for this month's powwow, I can suggest Fionn MacCool's, a new Irish pub in the former Casey's location at Edinburgh and Stone roads (close to the university, and with ample parking).

They accept lunch bookings and have a private area available upstairs for groups (assuming there will be more of us than last month). The restaurant's phone number is 519-766-4242 and the email address [email protected].

Looking forward to seeing you on the 26th!

Tom
Collapse

Suzanne Deliscar
Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:26
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks Tom Sep 20, 2012

I am sorry I am just replying now, but I did not get a notification of this posting. I am wondering if a pub will be too noisy, even with the private area. What do you think?

Tom Ellett (X)
Tom Ellett (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Stick with Diana Downtown this time Sep 24, 2012

Hi again Suzanne,

I didn't get a notification of your posting either, so apologies for my late reply. Since you've already advertised the venue as Diana Downtown, let's stick with that. I think the upstairs area at Fionn MacCool's would be quiet enough at lunchtime, so perhaps we could consider that for a future powwow.

See you Wednesday!

Suzanne Deliscar
Canada
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fionn MacCool's in October 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Thanks Tom, I didn't get the notice of your reply either, even though I set up the notification. I would like to discuss Fionn MacCool's on Wednesday as a possible venue, thanks for the suggestion.

Suzanne Deliscar
Canada
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looking Forward to the International Translation Day Guelph Powwow Sep 26, 2012

Thank you to all who have expressed an interest in today's International Translation Day Powwow in Guelph, Ontario Canada. We look forward to meeting with you today at the Diana Downtown restaurant in Guelph.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Guelph - Canada

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »