How to change Word Format from A3 to A4?
Thread poster: Holger Remke
Holger Remke
Holger Remke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:13
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 7, 2013

Hello everyone,

I converted a couple of PDF image files with Abbyy FineReady into Word 2010, translated the Word documents and do realize now (just before the deadline!) that Word does print in A3 format. The files should be of course in A4.

Can anybody tell me how to change the format from A3 to A4?

Thanks a lot for your hints!

Best regards,
Holger

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
In Word File menu Nov 7, 2013

Under Page setup you can select 'paper size'

The names of these commands may be different according to what language you are using your Word in.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 04:13
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I think... Nov 8, 2013

... the question was how to reduce the fonts globally in proportion and preserve all the formatting, while reducing the paper size to have the document look the same.

[Редактировалось 2013-11-08 15:12 GMT]

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Ah, in THAT case... Nov 8, 2013

Well, thanks, Sergei, though in fact that requirement is very far from clear from OP's original question.

I recently faced a similar problem, and 'Select All' followed by Font > Scaling pretty much did the job for me — remembering that the proportion between A3 and A4 is 1:1.41 (i.e. the square root of 2); so scaling by 1/1.41 (= 0.707) ought to get you pretty close.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 04:13
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Nov 8, 2013

Yes, Tony, the simplest way is to Select All and ShrinkFontOnePoint as many times as one needs, but I remember there was some add-on, a set of macros in the form of a DOT-file, and there was a ready-to-use toolbar button for A4-to-A3 and vice versa reformatting. It produced exact scaled layout, including all headers, footers, end-notes, and even text in frames.
It was the time of Word'95... and I do not remember the template name....
See more
Yes, Tony, the simplest way is to Select All and ShrinkFontOnePoint as many times as one needs, but I remember there was some add-on, a set of macros in the form of a DOT-file, and there was a ready-to-use toolbar button for A4-to-A3 and vice versa reformatting. It produced exact scaled layout, including all headers, footers, end-notes, and even text in frames.
It was the time of Word'95... and I do not remember the template name.

[Редактировалось 2013-11-08 19:41 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change Word Format from A3 to A4?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »